The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Resonance View Post
    Anxiety and panic is no laughing matter. The woman clearly has mental health problems and needs help more so than ridicule.

Comment

She doesn't clearly have mental health problems. She might have mental health problems. Or she might just be trying to get her own way. No way for us to know though just from that video.

Edit: there is an argument that if she's resorting to that behaviour just to get her own way then that in itself is a mental health issue but this is getting too complicated the more I think about it.
      Last edited by Brad; 29-08-2013, 18:32.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
        She doesn't clearly have mental health problems. She might have mental health problems. Or she might just be trying to get her own way. No way for us to know though just from that video.

Edit: there is an argument that if she's resorting to that behaviour just to get her own way then that in itself is a mental health issue but this is getting too complicated the more I think about it.
        I'd say it was a pretty bad mental health problem. There is severe irrationality going on as well as serious cognitive distortion; couple that with almost an oblivious lack of perception of those around her and how her behaviour impacts on others. Feel sorry for them both. To post something on the internet, so personal like that makes the guy look more of a twat.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          HOW DID YOU KNOW!?

*kills kit*

It's a guy we used to work with a few years back who lives in Europe now. I've managed not to tell her how I feel but to be honest, I'm going to need to otherwise it'll eat at me fora long time.
          Feel for you man, I've never understood chicks texting with that kind of news and thinking you'll be utterly excited right along side them, yaaaaaay. Surely she would of picked something up that you liked her?

Comment

I sent a lengthy message after careful consideration, weighing the pros and cons, realising that we don't cross paths much these days anyway so **** it.

And so a great weight has been lifted. I took a massive dump after texting her.

Comment

About time you were pro active.

Comment

I sent a lengthy message after careful consideration, weighing the pros and cons, realising that we don't cross paths much these days anyway so **** it.

And so a great weight has been lifted. I took a massive dump after texting her.
                There's a lot to be said about the feel good factor of a spectacular dump.

You have nothing to lose man, she probably thought you were out of her league being so good at Tetris.

Comment

A massive log brushes past your prostate on the way out. That's why it feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                    There's a lot to be said about the feel good factor of a spectacular dump.

You have nothing to lose man, she probably thought you were out of her league being so good at Tetris.
                    That is so true. My scores are god-tier.

Of course I always worry that the messages arrive in the wrong order and make no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      I'd say it was a pretty bad mental health problem. There is severe irrationality going on as well as serious cognitive distortion; couple that with almost an oblivious lack of perception of those around her and how her behaviour impacts on others. Feel sorry for them both. To post something on the internet, so personal like that makes the guy look more of a twat.
                      Completely agree with your last statement. Without seeing how she behaves around other people though we can't really determine what her problem is. If she's only like that with him then she's just taking the piss. Of she's like it with everyone then yeah, serious problem.

Comment

That is so true. My scores are god-tier.

Of course I always worry that the messages arrive in the wrong order and make no sense.
                        Kryss don't worry, have confidence. If she doesn't snap you up move on to the next one.

Comment

I've yet to receive a reply. It was probably like this:

M: oh a text from steve
                          *reads message*
                          *BOOM! mind blown*
                          M: unable to text back....mind blown...awesome fella...

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                            Completely agree with your last statement. Without seeing how she behaves around other people though we can't really determine what her problem is. If she's only like that with him then she's just taking the piss. Of she's like it with everyone then yeah, serious problem.
                            I doubt she is like with everyone - the comfort zone of her behaviour is with him; he has helped facilitate the behaviour to get to this point, by inappropriately challenging the behaviour in the right way (or by not helping her seek the right support), thus she knows she can get away with it when she is with him. I understand his frustrations though - a last cry for help
                            Last edited by dvdx2; 29-08-2013, 20:21.

Comment

I always like a good ****. Spilling your guts and evacuating them have a similar effect, so fair play kryss lad.

In other news, Ive got completely ragged at the Durham Beer Festival, so big ****s are on the way. The totty was a bit rubbish there, surprisingly.

Comment

Ahh, she thinks this isn't something we can talk about via text and wants to meet in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X