The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
    True long term (non female) friends don't, & when you're in a relationship you shouldn't cut them off. I learnt that from my previous relationship. I put everything into it while she kept her friends around.
    My current missus has started showing signs of not wanting me to keep in touch or even chat to my friends in the street so I've told her where to go. If she doesn't like it then she knows what she can do
    I never said anything about cutting anyone off. Also, 'true friends' still have the capability of screwing you over.

Comment

How I feel atm:

"The whole ****ing worlds against us, dude. I swear to God."

Comment

I may just rename this thread 'The Kit show'.

Comment

I keep owning his records on Most Wanted U, so he must be having a bad time...

Comment

Think I've cleared my name regarding the whole having 3 kids business. The rumour was started by some bitch saying it when I walked into the room a long time ago - like he looks like he has 3 kids. Wut!? anyway, she's an enemy now.

Tempted to ask this nurse out. She seems normal but man alive... she is stunning - it's 'sigh' inducing. Might have to wait on this until I'm in shredded shape again... like a snake in the grass...

Comment

You know, the more I elaborate on this kinda thing and read stuff like that - "Think I'll ask her out" - I just think I'm on a different planet to everyone else when it comes to this. And that's not good, I need to stop that.

But I mean, I just can't get that enthusiastic about a woman just because she's attractive. There's no initial spark. Tons of women are attractive, but on that alone, I can't immediately care. It just seems like fumbling around in the dark (pun not intended).

What WOULD (and does) make me care would be if someone seemed really into me. But (maybe it's just a reserved British thing), they are too subtle about it. In fact, the majority of women aren't initially attractive to me until they appear into me (within reason obviously). It seems impossible to tell if someone is just being friendly or if they're properly into you, and the more used you get to being "the good friend", the more you start to feel that any of your advances (because let's face it, women don't seem to be very good at doing those themselves) will be unwelcome. Maybe I'm differentiating between friends and lovers too much. But, if someone doesn't seem up for something, I'm not gonna approach them because that way it would just seem like I was being a pest.

I guess with my way of thinking, I'm sort of writing myself off. What's the alternative? Assume every woman is into you? I sometimes just feel that I don't understand how relationships even start.

Insane. This should be something that just naturally occurs without this level of analysis. But it doesn't. And I have to say, it's becoming apathy on my part. The more you get the "You're so great, let's be friends" thing, the more you think, "well what's the point in bothering?" Man, this is a bleak post. I'm not a depressive or on the whole down guy at all, at least not in most areas of my life!
              Last edited by Lyris; 16-07-2013, 01:35.

Comment

Hey Kit! I'll ask again: what happened to the mormon bird that you were (trying to get) into?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  When did you live in Japan?
                  September 2004 to June 2009

Comment

Hey Kit! I'll ask again: what happened to the mormon bird that you were (trying to get) into?
                    She turned out to be a merman. Keep up.

Comment

If anyone on here wants to know how to burn two bridges at once and potentially end up getting battered by someones boyfriend PM me.

Yeah, **** that noise. I gave up pretty early on. How can someone so smart believe in such nonsense. I read up on it a bit more so when the topic came up I was biting my tongue not to say anything. I may give it another go when bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        If anyone on here wants to know how to burn two bridges at once and potentially end up getting battered by someones boyfriend PM me.

Yeah, **** that noise. I gave up pretty early on. How can someone so smart believe in such nonsense. I read up on it a bit more so when the topic came up I was biting my tongue not to say anything. I may give it another go when bored.
                        You do realise that if it had all worked out & you'd converted to her religion (something i will never do in my life btw), you'd have been able to marry & f**k your own daughters!!!

....giggidy!!!

Comment

I was wondering why the other one got locked. Looks like everyone moved here instead.

Comment

How can someone so smart believe in such nonsense.
                            Childhood brainwashing

Comment

I was hoping the old one got locked because of something awesome like Kit calling everyone bum converters but, alas, it was just anti-climactic post limit reacherations.

Comment

With regards to the Mormon girl, it depends if she's a strictly practising one, or just comes from a Mormon family but doesn't really practice it so much herself. It's basically a Christian sect after all, and we all know that most Christians are only nominally such. People bring up the polygamy and incest, but very few actually practice that simply because they're not allowed to. The Mormon church had to ban polygamy over a hundred years ago to stay legal in the US.

Then again, if she's a strictly practising Mormon, then that's not gonna be much fun!
                                Last edited by sj33; 17-07-2013, 05:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X