The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    First thing is to know where to look and the best idea is to hang out by the long grass. It can take a while but, before you know it, you'll have found one. The temptation can be to go right in at that point but this is a rookie mistake. Take your time and get their HP right down. A Great Ball really helps but save your Ultraball for... wait, what are we talking about again?
    You sound like my son.
    He was banging on about golden raspberries and having great balls this morning.
    Took me a moment to click what he was talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      Could even use letters cut from a magazine to add extra romance...
      Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
      Where does one go then to ask someone out in person?

I hate bars and clubs, and when I've been in London all the women are with guys. I refuse to do any sort of charity work, leafleting, political rallies, and such like. It's all nonsense and an agonising waste of time. I don't need (or want) to take any classes. I once joined a creative writing class and it was literally 100% old retirees who wanted something to do now they were retired. I'm a trained yachtsman so I joined a sailing club, but it was 100% men trying to escape their wives (was hoping to find a single Ellen MacArthur type). I went to local MENSA meetings but again, all old retirees and mostly men - and weird ones at that. Attended a chess club meeting but again, 100% male nerds in tweed jackets. D&D groups? All guys. Local arcades? All guys. Local junkyard where I rummage to steal scrap parts to repair games consoles, technically no one - though there is a "beware of the dangerous dog" sign on the fence I have to clamber over. All of my friends are married and their friends are also married - I've reached the stage where I am the only outlier.

I'll be blunt: I do not know what single women do or where they hang out. Apart from shops behind counters. All the places I normally go in life are filled with guys. If this were GTA V then I'd say there's a glitch when spawning NPCs because they're all the same.

Currently I'm stuck with regular hook-ups thanks to places like Fetlife, but that's not conducive to something long-term. I need to settle down; I want someone I can introduce to family. Not attend another swingers party where a guy wants to film me getting it on with his wife.
      I’d recommend traveling more. Go on solo adventures and stay in hostels, meet interesting people. I’ve never failed to meet some amazing woman while traveling that I click with.

Failing that it’s dating sites.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        I’ve never failed to meet some amazing woman while traveling that I click with..
        As long as they don't wear Ugg boots, amirite?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          As long as they don't wear Ugg boots, amirite?!
          Obviously.

Comment

Try to think of the situation positively: by asking out women at the places near you, you'll enjoy travelling to new and exciting places to do you banking, dry cleaning, etc. The more you ask out, the further your travels will take you! The world is your oyster card!

Refusal to go out and try an activity is a bit self-defeating though. If I hadn't started going to an after school club at university I wouldn't have met the current Mrs Kryss.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              I’d recommend traveling more. Go on solo adventures and stay in hostels, meet interesting people. I’ve never failed to meet some amazing woman while traveling that I click with.

Failing that it’s dating sites.
              Travelling is great, some of the more serious mags used to have classifieds for travelling groups and so on.

Met Mrs Anpanman whilst travelling and as a bonus she's an Ugg free zone (completely agree with fbh).

Comment

Just hang around with FamMyDodd for a week as his wingman. He’ll have you ploughing some wench and moving in with them in no time. It works for him.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Refusal to go out and try an activity is a bit self-defeating though. If I hadn't started going to an after school club at university I wouldn't have met the current Mrs Kryss.
                  If I hadn't made myself speak to all the non-sports related clubs and societies on my freshers week at uni , I would have probably had a more awkward "first meeting" with my fiance.

I was randomly invited to a birthday party by one of these groups and it just so happened a certain [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] was there.
                  Don't actually remember talking to him (spent most of the party scaring a guy with a Felix the Cat cat food mascot face) but enough interesting stuff happened to remember the party well.

We later met up outside the library to watch some anime at his place after talking about it on the university's gaming/ geeky online sub-forum.. Recognized each other and worked out we were at the same party which was a good ice breaker and played some video games at his place with his housemates and watched anime, the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    Just hang around with FamMyDodd for a week as his wingman. He’ll have you ploughing some wench and moving in with them in no time. It works for him.
                    Might get you playing dodgy Vita games too mind.

Comment

DANGER! DANGER!

Comment

(faaaaaaaarrRRRKKkkkOooooorrffFFfffff)

Comment

So for those who wanted an update on my continued adventures in dating from the Are You Happy thread...

I’ve been seeing a Doctor for the last week or two. Stayed over hers and vice versa. She’s cool, but I don’t know if there’s anything there long term. I get along with her, but not sure if there’s enough attractions there for me long term. However she’s just told me she’s booked Avengers Endgame tickets for us this weekend, so I’ll be seeing her then at least!

I’m in Spain currently visiting my mum, for the bank holiday weekend. When I get back I’ve got a date with a STUNNiNG Phillipino girl, who I’m 90% sure hasn’t got a penis- but may want a green card. From the video call, I’m fairly sure she hasn’t... but I’ve got to turn up to find out considering the beauty on offer.

I’ve been speaking to a hot 26 year old, who seems a bit crazy. And keeps texting/ringing me a lot. Trying to nip that in the bud but she’s quite hot, however, I’m not convinced.

On Saturday I’m seeing a solicitor I’ve been speaking to for a few weeks. She seems keen, and she’s part of a rowing club, and very fit..!! We seem to be getting along well, so we will see how that plays out.

The funny thing for this weekend is that while Im in Spain, I casually jumped on Tinder/Bumble to see what the women were like over here- and goddamn. I ended up matching with a Brit who teaches over here- her photos are beautiful! Been chatting the last few days and she’s driving about 45 mins away to where I am to meet me in a bar in about... an hour or so. This should be interesting...!! Flight tomorrow morning back to Blighty, and I’m
                          not sure my mum would appreciate me bringing anyone back home if it goes well... ah well. It’s a story and a memory if nothing else..!!

Also meeting up with a girl near ish to me in Wales too, she’s a total anime and gaming nerd, so result! A little older than me at 39, but she doesn’t look it, and we seem to be getting along also.

So yeah. Adventures in dating are continuing..!!
                          Last edited by MrKirov; 21-04-2019, 16:43.

Comment

Reading that just made me grin like a Cheshire cat. Catching women in different countries too? What the actual **** Kirov?! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Reading that just made me grin like a Cheshire cat. Catching women in different countries too? What the actual **** Kirov?! Lol.
                              Hahah tell me about it..!! I’m hardly prepared for a date over here. It’s pissing it down and all I’ve got it three quarter lengths and t shirts... still. Why not eh!

Comment

Oh yeah and I’m seeing a Cardiff girl at some point next week. She keeps talking to me about Resident Evil 2 so that’s a bonus.

And being in Spain has made me realise I haven’t been taking care of myself and gyming, and eating properly like I normally would be for the past few months. Time to start taking care of myself again..!
                                Last edited by MrKirov; 21-04-2019, 17:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X