Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control on the one X. Surreal gameplay fair play and some cracking telekinetic damage can be done in the world. It's got its niggles but I'm enjoying the game

Comment

I finished Observer this evening. A fantastic experience and one of the best cyberpunk games there is. Could be the best but I can’t remember what else there is except for the old Blade Runner game, Syndicate and those Deus Ex games.

Comment

Cheers Dogg Thang. Observer is down to about 7 quid in psn sale right now. Fan of cyberpunk genre, me, so I'll give this a blast. Not least in honour of Hauer's recent passing. Things you said about it being based as a detective yarn a single city block are very interesting, as that was what Warren Spector wanted to do for the very first Deus Ex.

Comment

May as well double down. Minecraft in VR is amazing

Comment

This weekend:

Judgment: I need to push on with this so hoping to largely get through a chapter or two
            Control: Only done the literal opener which was bizarre because reviews are strong but the opening is awful so hopefully it gets a lot better once the main game kicks in
            Astral Chain: Did the first two levels this morning, wasn't sure at first as the controls can be a tad clumsy controlling your character, the legion and the camera at once but it's clicking more and more as it goes on.

Comment

Thoroughly entrenched in the worlds of Ninokuni & dragonquest XI both of them impressing me in their cool artstyles. Amusingly i never really looked at what the PS4 libarary has outside of the VR stuff something i need to change when such fantastic games are pretty cheap, done several hours of both but i think i'm going to stick to dragonquest for a while not only is it beautiful to look at but i love how they have updated the battle system to keep it turn based but also a lot more flexible. Plus it has slimes, i giggled when i saw what they look like in modern gen. Adorable & i feel guilty as hell killing them but i need to level up. Hoping all the rest of the types are in there like metallic & gem, king as i love me some slime hunting. I have a feeling this game is going to absorb my life for a few months at least, amazing to see just how far dragon quest has come along it's like been inside a living cartoon if you showed this to someone back in the day of the first game it would literally fry their brains.

Comment

Samurai Shodown and Battle Garegga on the Pro...

Comment

Mario Maker 2

It's more fun than I thought it would be. I'm really bad at these sorts of games that encourage creativity but my wife is enjoying it.

Mr. Eraser is very cute.

Comment

Only been back a couple of days, but I managed to do a bit of No Man's Sky.

Kryss gave me some magic mineral that gave me a sweet million in space bucks.
                    Not sure what to spend that on!
                    Do I get a better ship? How much is a frigate?!

Then had another session on my own, using Kryss' base and kit as a launch point.
                    I basically just bimbled about, collecting stuff in the mineral loop. Ended my session unable to take off as I was out of thruster juice.

I can see myself getting totally hooked as there's no real goals to it.
                    In the same way in Minecraft or the base-building of Fallout 4, you can easily lose hours doing stuff.

Part of me thinks I need to play something with a finite play time to chip away at the backlog, but I also could play this game forever, if I didn't let that nagging feeling get to me.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Only been back a couple of days, but I managed to do a bit of No Man's Sky.

Kryss gave me some magic mineral that gave me a sweet million in space bucks.
                      Not sure what to spend that on!
                      Do I get a better ship? How much is a frigate?!

Then had another session on my own, using Kryss' base and kit as a launch point.
                      I basically just bimbled about, collecting stuff in the mineral loop. Ended my session unable to take off as I was out of thruster juice.

I can see myself getting totally hooked as there's no real goals to it.
                      In the same way in Minecraft or the base-building of Fallout 4, you can easily lose hours doing stuff.

Part of me thinks I need to play something with a finite play time to chip away at the backlog, but I also could play this game forever, if I didn't let that nagging feeling get to me.
                      There is actually a goal follow the 3 main quests, by following the path of atlus and you'll see. One thing that is nice now is when you get to the end of the story you can get back to your old bases thanks to been able to summon the anomaly. I won't tell you what happens but you will have to make a choice and thanks to the update you can make this choice many times without it meaning you lose everything. The game continues for as long as you want it to and i find it infinite amounts of fun.

Still plugging a stupid amount if hours into dragon quest XI, 16 hours have gone by in a instant already. The english translation is fantastic so many english accents they really did go all out on the localisation usually i play them in Japanese but it's been rather fun in english especially Sylvando the super flamboyant and sassy character who joins your team i have laughed more times than i can count at the amazing voicework of whoever is playing him hope they paid him well for his performance. These types of games tend to be pretty grindy but with how fantastically animated the monsters are i find myself wanting to battle just to watch them, plus the metal slimes need more of the little buggers as it's super satisfying levelling up with them as they give you tons of exp if you can twat them before they run off.
                      Last edited by importaku; 02-09-2019, 13:07.

Comment

Doom 2. Bought kind of on a whim almost accidentally because I have played this many times before. But even fighting joycon drift, this game is absolutely superb. The levels are still incredible all these years later. It’s hard to know exactly what they did right and I guess very few people know given how many FPS games since that have never managed to reach its heights, but the pacing and layout and way the enemies are dished out is just flawless. Lots of surprises, some things to figure out and some nasty traps. It requires thought, care and yet still feels like it belts through at a fast pace.

It’s just a beautifully balanced game.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          There is actually a goal follow the 3 main quests, by following the path of atlus and you'll see. One thing that is nice now is when you get to the end of the story you can get back to your old bases thanks to been able to summon the anomaly. I won't tell you what happens but you will have to make a choice and thanks to the update you can make this choice many times without it meaning you lose everything. The game continues for as long as you want it to and i find it infinite amounts of fun.
                          I think the chances of me "completing" NMS are pratically nil.
                          "Time to get to the centre of the universe - oh I don't have enough fuel and money and... ooh look, a creature to scan!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Doom 2. Bought kind of on a whim almost accidentally because I have played this many times before. But even fighting joycon drift, this game is absolutely superb. The levels are still incredible all these years later. It’s hard to know exactly what they did right and I guess very few people know given how many FPS games since that have never managed to reach its heights, but the pacing and layout and way the enemies are dished out is just flawless. Lots of surprises, some things to figure out and some nasty traps. It requires thought, care and yet still feels like it belts through at a fast pace.

It’s just a beautifully balanced game.
                            There is something truly magic about the game. Many things probably ... all singing in harmony. That it's from the beginnings of the genre makes it even more amazing. There's just something so satisfying about cautiously and clinically clearing those levels.

I play it on the xbox one but I'm so tempted to double-dip on the Switch ver for portable mayhem.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Still plugging a stupid amount if hours into dragon quest XI, 16 hours have gone by in a instant already. The english translation is fantastic so many english accents they really did go all out on the localisation usually i play them in Japanese but it's been rather fun in english especially Sylvando the super flamboyant and sassy character who joins your team i have laughed more times than i can count at the amazing voicework of whoever is playing him hope they paid him well for his performance. These types of games tend to be pretty grindy but with how fantastically animated the monsters are i find myself wanting to battle just to watch them, plus the metal slimes need more of the little buggers as it's super satisfying levelling up with them as they give you tons of exp if you can twat them before they run off.
                              It's an amazing game mate, I just couldn't stop when I played it last year.

Comment

Cuphead

It’s like being inside a Max Fleischer cartoon. Sublime. And supremely difficult. I haven’t even finished the first stage yet! But the developers knew this would happen so reloading is instant.

Tetris 99

Playing against 98 other people is a master stroke. Much less stress than 1-on-1 matches.

Comment

Working...
                                X