No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@QC, Andy has a great deal of resolve, I think in his mind he's still waiting but she had 'the talk' with him to let him down gently. So it's 'over' officially, he hasn't done owt stalkery. But I deffo know in his mind he's still waiting for a sign.

I'm pals with the guy and want him to do well, he's actually taken it far better than I thought he would, I initially thought he'd either top himself, leave his job or pull a sickie with stress for a few months but, surprisingly, none of the above occurred and he came back into work as usual, despite it all being awkward for a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      @Blobcat - This is my favourite live proposal:
      Funnily enough, when we were trying to remember/ find the rejection video I posted, [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] always thinks that the quote was from that very same video (basket ball one).

We always said, many, MANY years ago if we were ever stuck in such a public situation, we would say yes to not humilate the proposer (unless it was a first date or stalker) before turning them down in private.
      Last edited by Blobcat; 26-05-2018, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
        We always said, many, MANY years ago if we were ever stuck in such a public situation, we would say yes to not humilate the proposer (unless it was a first date or stalker) before turning them down in private.
        Oof, awkward!
        When are you going to break it to Asura that you only said "yes" to avoid humiliating him?

Comment

Oof, awkward!
          When are you going to break it to Asura that you only said "yes" to avoid humiliating him?
          She just told him on a niche corner of the internet. Isn't that enough?

Yup, that is my go-to reply now.

Comment

It worked better last time because the subject of the irk wouldn't ever be likely to be in this niche corner.
            They both come on here, so it's less niche for them!

So it's a bit redundant. "So's your face!"

Comment

Oof, awkward!
              Admittedly he did wake me up to propose to me in bed so there were no witnesses!
              I'm not a morning person at all but I remember that morning very well and I meant what I said! I did not take it back.

We kept it secret until the ring we designed came back 2 months later which was so difficult. Worth the (almost 10 year) wait.

Comment

So is this the first ntsc-uk/bordersdown wedding?

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION]: good job that 'almost' was placed where it is! At the start of that sentence and it might have set a different tone to the wedding!

Comment

You know I'm just messing about.
                    We're all chuffed to bits for you both.

Comment

I've always found the term "chuffed to bits" odd. It may have been something someone posted online years ago but I visualise someone ran over by Thomas the Tank Engine when I hear that Lol!

No news really to any plans as such. I am just keeping an eye out for dress ideas online and at some point actually start losing weight (started well at beginning of year but have fallen back to what I was almost.)

With summer truly on our doorstep now more *nice* cool salads and I'm going to start cycling to work soon which I am terrified of once I have fixed my donated bike I acquired recently.

Going to a big Indian wedding in July so not really going to get much ideas from that as I don't think that would be relavent for ours! Unfortunately the only other wedding coming soon I was invited to I can't attend so I'm making [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] document as much as possible as the couple are having (if a bit bigger than what we plan) small-ish wedding. So far we got a very nice invitation, which I plan to design my own. They are having their wedding close to where they live which I believe is far from where both their families live.

Both mine and the bloke's family live within an hour's drive from each other so our initial idea was abroad or near them. We live over 300 miles away from them so communication of planning up there may be difficult. We still like the idea of renting a place for ceremony and possibly staying, there is no specific place we want to get wed/ feel we have to go to get married.

Comment

"A friend of mine always wanted to be run over by a steam train. When it happened, he was chuffed to bits!” - Tim Vine.

I was thinking of that joke as I typed it!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          So is this the first ntsc-uk/bordersdown wedding?
                          I'll buy a new hat!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            I'll buy a new hat!!
                            Well, I've already picked out my dress, hopefully Blobcat and I don't clash over styles.
                            But seriously, I may be in the country in December...

Comment

Borderdown stag do then?
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                Borderdown stag do then?
                                Sounds like a Bomberman tourney opportunity!

Comment

Working...
                                X