The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Noticed that the Relationship thread had passed the fabled 2,000 post mark after almost 7 years. A truly special occasion to change our focus onto a different thread as I'm sure I'm not the only one to have felt the wrath of the infamous 7 year itch

As well, as you're current relationship tales, vents and queries I figured it would also be a good point to perhaps chat about where your relationships have reached compared to where they were in 2006, hopefully we'll get some success stories to inspire those currently facing partner or dating trials.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-09-2023, 11:55.

I think we would all rather hear what happens next in Kits epic saga of trying to hook up

Comment

Re Lyris' situation here: 'Do women seriously just randomly text you out the blue and suggest meeting up half of the days in a week and text you to say good night if they want to be just friends?'

The problem is that because she knows you like her & she's turned you down, she can now use you as a substitute friend to keep her company when all her real friends are not available. In other words you're being used mate.

Cut the cord mate. Its not gonna lead to anything but pain for you

Comment

Recap:
        2006 was in a good place, had been seeing each other for over a year.
        2008 married in Maui.
        2009 moved to her hometown in Canada.
        2010 she leaves me and moves in with her boyfriend.
        2011 trying internet dating.
        2013 today.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
          Re Lyris' situation here: 'Do women seriously just randomly text you out the blue and suggest meeting up half of the days in a week and text you to say good night if they want to be just friends?'

The problem is that because she knows you like her & she's turned you down, she can now use you as a substitute friend to keep her company when all her real friends are not available. In other words you're being used mate.

Cut the cord mate. Its not gonna lead to anything but pain for you
          Maybe I've got too high an opinion of her, but for once I can't look at it in such a jaded way. I am a real friend and don't really feel like I'm being used because I like hanging out with her too. Bleh.

Simple really. Tell her you like her too much and if there is no chance of more you want to move on. If she says no, move on, feel sad but try again one day. If she says yes then game on.

You have nothing to lose.
          That is oddly comforting actually. But I don't think I see it the same way: sure I have something to lose, a friend. Maybe I should just ride it out for a while and see if I can just get used to the whole thing but schnit-can it if I still feel like crap later.

Oh, there was definitely attraction at one point, BTW. But it wasn't the right time for either of us, so to quote Brass Eye, "the trajectory was all out of goose"

Now that we're into thread 2, someone should write some sort of algorithm to classify each post and detect the tone of it (anguish vs happiness vs confusion) and make a big pie chart that shows the current status of Bordersdown's love lives (if any).
          Last edited by Lyris; 13-07-2013, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
            Now that we're into thread 2, someone should write some sort of algorithm to classify each post and detect the tone of it (anguish vs happiness vs confusion) and make a big pie chart that shows the current status of Bordersdown's love lives (if any).
            Yeah,mine in gif form.

Comment

Can we call the next version of the thread: The Relationship Thread 3 1/3rd: The Final Insult? Would seem strangely appropriate most of the time!

Comment

Friends come and go.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  Friends come and go.
                  Yep, very true. I've seen many a 'friend', come and go in my time.

Lyris, sounds like your feelings for this girl are way stronger than hers for you. Youll only torture yourself if you pursue this further. Entertaining her at her beckoned call, is not a good place to go. She obviously knows she can pull your strings as she knows you really like her. Not what i'd call a good friend to be honest.

I know its hard mate, but try and get out and meet more girls. Change your routine. Remove yourself from everything that makes you feel negative (especially women). Dont under estimate the power of a fresh start.

Oh, and might be looking a wee calibration, when i pick up a panasonic 55vt65, in the very near future ;-)

Comment

That's a relationship that always works well, giving TVs a good probing

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Recap:
                      2008 married in Maui.
                      2013 today.
                      When did you live in Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Recap:
                        2008 married in Maui.
                        2013 today.

That's kinda painful reading if you're in a good place in life right now. Guess if your not then it reads positive that things can change so drastically over such a little space of time. Live for the moment eh

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Friends come and go.
                          True long term (non female) friends don't, & when you're in a relationship you shouldn't cut them off. I learnt that from my previous relationship. I put everything into it while she kept her friends around.
                          My current missus has started showing signs of not wanting me to keep in touch or even chat to my friends in the street so I've told her where to go. If she doesn't like it then she knows what she can do

Comment

Cool revelation today. Some **** has been spreading a rumour I have 3 kids. That's not going to kill my chances at all is it?

wtf.

Comment

Rumours?

Aren't you an adult?

Normal people are dumb.

Comment

Working...
                              X