No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread II: Lost in that Last Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or at the very least, we should have a whip around.

Comment

I was wed once. Didn't like it. Didn't wanna do it. I was living abroad and she was a native and so it was necessary for legal purposes. Even though we were very much in love, something changed with that exchange of vows. It went from feeling light to feeling heavy, from feeling carefree to feeling bound. The proverbial ball and chain. I divorced her 12 months later and moved to another country. But that's my tale. We're all different. Some people love married life. You may too.

Comment

I’ve been proposed to twice. Turned them both down. Time proved me absolutely correct in doing so too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
          I was wed once. Didn't like it. Didn't wanna do it. I was living abroad and she was a native and so it was necessary for legal purposes. Even though we were very much in love, something changed with that exchange of vows. It went from feeling light to feeling heavy, from feeling carefree to feeling bound. The proverbial ball and chain. I divorced her 12 months later and moved to another country. But that's my tale. We're all different. Some people love married life. You may too.
          Marriage could be for you, just sounds like you were forced into it to keep living in the country, no one should do that!

Congratulations [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] looks one gorgeous ring!

Comment

Its a hell of a sparkler!

I/ we chose the design after he got the stone and chose the band precious metal, Palladium. I wasn't so sure about not being officially silver first (the ring he proposed with was silver and I mainly wear silver) but I love it now.

We knew very early on with mutterings of getting engaged that I would probably be choosing the design over him doing it. I thought when we went to chose a design it was going to take weeks but it was all done in less than an hour. I could have had more bling, some I liked with more stones but I wanted it to be a more simplistic design. Ended up with pretty much what he asked me with but with a twist.

Comment

Very nice, sounds like a lot of planning went into it!

With my Wife’s, I set myself a budget and had only 2 bits of info: It had to be white gold and a diamond in the middle. She loved it!

With mine, I looked into precious metals but didn’t like how bashed up gold, white gold and others looked after years of use on friends fingers. So looked into exotics like carbon fibre and settled on tungsten carbide which is very tough and has a subtle two tone band on it so it looks almost new 3 years later. Also had a quote from Zelda Ocarina of Time etched into the inside of mine that made it really unique to me.

Any idea on the Wedding rings themselves?

Comment

Not so much yet with the designs appart from almost certainly getting our bands from the same place my ring was made. [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] never wears any jewellery so obviously I want to make sure he gets exactly what he wants if he is going to wear it for the rest of our lives.

10 year anniversary today, just got back from a tiring camping trip. Probably get take out tonight/ go out somewhere to eat tomorrow and play some Guild Wars 2 later tonight, too tired to go running about anywhere.

Sometime in early October will be our 15 year anniversary since we first met/ saw each other at a party on my freshers week.

Comment

My wedding ring is Palladium, the jewellers recommended it as I work with my hands a lot and they claimed it would be hard wearing, it's not proving to be the case though! I should've just went with platinum like both of my wife's rings as I'd originally intended, not that I'd change it now.

Comment

We were looking at finally getting rings a few weeks back. We've only been married for 3 years, no need to rush it.
                    Can't justify the expense of platinum for myself but the wife will get whatever she wants. I'll probably go with a brushed white gold band.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      My wedding ring is Palladium, the jewellers recommended it as I work with my hands a lot and they claimed it would be hard wearing, it's not proving to be the case though!
                      I never considered that when we got our rings! I don't work with my hands often but when I do it's usually heavy lifting. My ring is made of two interlocking halves - 18ct gold and platinum - and last year it warped after I'd been chucking some PCs away at work. The platinum ring was completely fine but the gold one warped enough that my finger would start tingling if I wore it for a long time.

These days I just remove it if I'm doing any manual work. I also have the option of fusing the two halves together which might help strengthen the gold part.

Comment

My wedding ring is palladium. I was told at the time that its hard and will stay shiny... It's scratched and dull as ****!

Comment

I went with Titanium. Getting divorced though so not much use any more.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Charles.

Comment

My engagement ring is palladium and I was intending my wedding band to be the same. Never heard of it until the bloke said he had chosen it. I compare it to the silver promise ring he got me (I almost always were silver) and I genuinely love it more.

Funnily enough, my best friend and another old friend from college I have recently reconnected to have palladium for theirs and they look pretty awesome still.

I currently have to take mine off for work but most girls wear their one stone rings anyway if they can (wearing gloves).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                I went with Titanium. Getting divorced though so not much use any more.
                                Wait what?

Comment

Working...
                                X