No announcement yet.

TxK [Vita]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yes Sketcz, this is absolutely true. I agree with you. However Minter absolutely nailed touchscreen controls in every Minotaur game he released, infinitely better than any other game on these godforsaken smartfones of our gaming's doom. Creamed all over the celebrated Cave adaptations of their every game, for example. As that was - at the time - the only way to play Minter's new games I was happy to bend over and take a shafting from those Apple bastards. Chucked the phone now.

Comment

Gridrunner played really well on Android too. I'm usually anti-touchscreen but Minter's very good at implementing touch control where he has to.

Comment

The road to TxK: Genesis of a genre

Only a month to go. Looks sublime!

Comment

TAKE MY MONEY LLAMA MAN!!

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
          The road to TxK: Genesis of a genre

Only a month to go. Looks sublime!

Comment

Get your Vitas on charge, this is released tomorrow!

Comment

Indeed, does look great and so wish it was out on PS4

Bit of insight in to it here on the new look PS Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                Indeed, does look great and so wish it was out on PS4

Bit of insight in to it here on the new look PS Blog

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...ches-tomorrow/
                been looking forward to this since the news broke,hope it holds up well it should do with the mad Llama at the helm
                Last edited by BIG EDD; 11-02-2014, 23:03.

Comment

First impressions: Looks great, sounds great and seems rather enjoyable overall. There's a few mechanics I'm not so familiar with but in time I'll learn to pick them up. I'm not a big tempest player so I'm not used to some stuff.

If a foe reaches the end of the line I'm assuming that it isn't the end, seeing as you're able to jump. This also seems to be necessary after you do die as foes will clog up the column ends. Earning lives seemed more plentiful than the bombs but it seems as if it doesn't work the same as for example a shmup where you get 3 bombs per life.

Just need to add a few people here and get some score attacks going on!

Comment

Here's a few reviews

Hardcore Gamer: It might be hard to believe, but there was a time when vector graphics were seen as the future of video games. Arcade titles like Tempest and systems like the Vectrex held to those principles although they ended up as just another passing fad. Tempest, however, has not died. Tempest 2000 came as practically the only worthwhile game on Atari Jaguar and quickly garnered a following. Jeff Minter’s wild recreation of the arcade classic became a much-loved hit. Space Giraffe was a later, even trippier jaunt through Tempest territory but unfortunately landed without much attention. Now that the Vita is becoming an indie platform, Jeff Minter and Llamasoft are at it again. TxK is the latest rebirth of a now 30 year old game and it stands as another fantastically modern interpretation.
                    Last edited by BIG EDD; 11-02-2014, 23:47.

Comment

Waiting for the general views here before buying...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Earning lives seemed more plentiful than the bombs but it seems as if it doesn't work the same as for example a shmup where you get 3 bombs per life.
                        If it's the same as Tempest 2K, you get one bomb (or 'Superzapper') that recharges on every new level.

Comment

I bought this earlier but only had a chance to play it now.I'm liking it a lot
                          Great psychedelic colours as always and the music is superb.Just tried it with my pulse elites and the game sounded awesome
                          Control is great,getting used to the speed of the analogue stick took me a few tries but I'm there now
                          If you loved tempest and a big fan of The Minter it's a must buy

Comment

Brilliant game - ramps up the frantic neon Tempest feel and cuts down on the usual Minter tropes of ungulate sound effects and immature phrases. The best Llamasoft shooter since iOS Gridrunner: simple, morish and fun.

Comment

How much is it? May pick this up tonight although I really should get round to completing FF9 first.

Comment

Its ?4.39 if you are a PS+ member or ?5.49 if not either way it's a BARGAIN

Comment

Working...
                                X