TxK [Vita]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TxK [Vita]

Did search but couldn't find a thread for this.

Originally posted by Jeff Minter
    ...we are happy to announce that we have just begun work on a new game for the Playstation Vita. I?m very grateful to Shahid Ahmad at Sony for the opportunity; he?s a man on a mission to bring a ton of indie talent to the Vita and we?re fortunate enough to have been invited to the party. And cheers to Gary Liddon from Ruffian, who gently nudged us in the direction of this exciting opportunity.

We?ve had a couple of cracks at it before, it?s true, but neither of them quite managed to achieve the same level of greatness as the original. T3K for the Nuon was in its own way remarkable, given that it was built using shader-like techniques (doing significant per-pixel computations) before shaders even existed, in software, on a 54 MHz CPU. But that game never achieved its full potential given that the NUON chip that it ran on only ever had very limited distribution, and the resolution and framerate were never quite what I hoped they would be.
    It's a new Jeff Minter game so you sort of have an idea what it's going to be like without looking at the early footage.

Right, I can't take this any longer so I'm gonna bump this thread.
    Just when will this game and OST come out exacly?
    This is my mostly anticipated game in a long time,
    The music and sound effects are fantastic... Reminds me of what arcades used to sound like!
    GET YA PILLS READY AND TURN YOUR VOLUME UP!!

Comment

is this going to be a cart release of PSN only? They should have picked this up for PS3 3D, and PS4 too.. maybe thats why its a little delayed (wishes) will still get it on vita straight away like

Comment

The movement/animation on the player 'character' in that new video is atrocious. So bad you can barely tell what lane it's covering and likely to fire down. I hope that's nowhere near the finished article.

Comment

<sigh>

He's a legitimately good coder. Why is he still remaking Tempest?

Comment

I played this at Play and it was really nice. I'm no Tempest expert mind but it felt very high quality.

Comment

Are they releasing a Vita rotary attachment? It's somewhat pointless otherwise.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                <sigh>

Oit of ideas. Plus his last 2 attempts didn't reacha huge audience did they?. I'd give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                  <sigh>

Frustration that the ios Minotaur Project didn't make him a millionaire, is one reason. It really should have as there were some great games there, including reworked classics like Minotron 2012 and - to be fair to him - some new stuff like Goat Up and especially Goat Up 2.

I think they were approached by Sony to do this, though. Part of the "we love indies" vibe Sony were putting out to distance themselves from the XboxOne PR calamity earlier last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    Frustration that the ios Minotaur Project didn't make him a millionaire
                    iOS? As in, touching the screen with my hands? Pfft, I don't roll with iOS. PC or console, monkey funsters.

Comment

Yes, that touching stuff. Minotaur 2012 was the best game of ...um, can't remember which year exactly. But anyway it was great. Someone on this site has the ultimate world record score on it too. (Not me).

Comment

It isn't Jeff Minter himself is it?

I love reading his Twitter feed of rambling about emulating ancient games. Good stuff.

Comment

I wonder if the rear touch pad could offer up a decent 'slider' control method?

Looking forward to it either way. Can never have too much Tempest

Comment

PS4 come on why not I would buy it on PSV and PS4

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              Yes, that touching stuff.
                              I've read more than one developer complain that young players today refuse to play a game if it equires a control pad, stating that it's clumsy - and they email devs requesting tablet version with touch controls. Brian Prov's Facebook post had a long stream of devs commenting the same thing.

I've never been a fan of touchscreen controls, but didn't actively dislike them. It was more "meh".

Having heard this though, I've become intensely anti-touchscreen. I must draw a line in the sand and keep the uneducated hoardes at bay. Controllers, clumsy?

The world Golgo, IT HAS GONE MAD!

Comment

Working...
                              X