No announcement yet.

TxK [Vita]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, there's not really much chance of fighting this sort of thing without other people paying. Jeff makes money, but it keeps him in tech and animal food, there isn't a lot going spare.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Jeff Minter is working on Tempest 4000. I guess the agro with Atari has been sorted. Was due for release June 12 2018 but has been delayed.

Can't wait. I get a very special feeling playing Minter games. The fella knows how to merge trippyness with substance.

Comment

They're also working on 'Llamasoft Arcade'. Each game has 2 games, vol. 1 has Goat Up and Gridrunner. 2D games but re-done for VR as well. Should be a laugh. Goat Up, their first platform game, only released on iphone before, was excellent. It'll be on PS4 and PC I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
          Jeff Minter is working on Tempest 4000...
          Yay!

Comment

Stop fannying around Minty and crowdfund Unity

Comment

I wonder if Tempest 4K will have VR support.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                I wonder if Tempest 4K will have VR support.
                Minter stated no a good few months back. It was something he wanted but it was out of his hands. Given the delays though that might have changed. The yak forum will have the answers, I'm sure.

Comment

A quick heads up: Tempest 4000 was released yesterday on PS4, Xbox and PC. It's £24.99 on consoles and does not feature a VR mode - reports suggest that both these disappointments are Atari's doing. The price is too rich for my liking; I don't like buying digital releases at the best of times but all the more so when reviews are saying it's not a huge evolution of TxK. On the bright side, it will be released physically in the UK on August 10th priced at £30. I'm sitting patient 'til then.

Comment

It’s amazing still and the price is to high but that has nothing to do with Jeff at all its Atari’s fault I just hope Jeff gets £10 of my money for my purchase. Great game

Comment

I don't know what percentage of the spoils Jeff and Giles will receive but they didn't make a profit on Polybius so presumably not a lot.

Comment

Maybe that’s why it 25 quid so they do make a profit and I have no issue with the price if they do.

Comment

It's actually £23.99 on the Bone, for whatever reason, it's a quid cheaper than the PS4.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Insta-buy for me ... only had a very quick look but it's lush

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                              Maybe that’s why it 25 quid so they do make a profit and I have no issue with the price if they do.
                              According to Giles over on the yakyak forums, the £25 price was set by Atari who I suspect are fully focused on maximising their own profits, not the developer's - but that's only suspicion on my part. The truth is I don't know.

To those who can't wait for the game to release on disc in the UK on August 10th, the US version is out now and can be ordered from Amazon.com for $30 which, after postage fees and import duty, works out at £31. I'm still gonna sit tight for the UK version as I'm not in a hurry to play it. I might even wait until autumn when the nights are drawn in and mushroom season is upon us.

Comment

Hallelujah!! I 'early adopted' a PS4 on the promise that TxK would be out for it “very soon“. Don't care how overpriced this is, it's getting bought.

Comment

Working...
                                X