This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Does the first link work for you and what does the link point to?
    It ends up here: https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1...aine%2Fpage118

Comment

How can I still not add polls in the first play forum? It's been years!

Comment

If I use the "copy link" button from X/Twitter on desktop I get this:

I wrap with the [ twitter ] tag and get a linked "embedded tweet" text (like here https://bordersdown.net/threads/1304...=1#post2485084)

There's no problem with Twitter's mobile app because the URL is still twitter.com.

Comment

Polls are a Blue only thing, although they should probably be for everyone.

I'll see if I can fix the bb code for twitter fixed.

I'm also looking at amazon lightsail for a server replacement so I can bung vb5 on it

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            If I use the "copy link" button from X/Twitter on desktop I get this:

I wrap with the [ twitter ] tag and get a linked "embedded tweet" text (like here https://bordersdown.net/threads/1304...=1#post2485084)

There's no problem with Twitter's mobile app because the URL is still twitter.com.
            Blimey. There's not a lot I can do about this yet. Once they make their mind up about x.com or twitter.com I can change the BB Code. Can you use the twitter URL for the moment?

Comment

I keep having a thing where copy and pasting text into the reply box is not working - is anyone else having anything similar?

I'll paste a perhaps a link or a tweet reference or something into my post and nothing actually comes, and then the reply bugs out and won't even let me type anything out manually over the top. Combination of switching to "Go Advanced", advancing a couple of lines / going earlier in the post and re-ordering things eventually gets me where I can manually enter things, but I'm just wondering if anyone else is noticing any weird issues with pasting text into replies. I think it's been at least a good few weeks now, but potentially months knowing how long it takes for me to actually respond to things.

Comment

I only get weird stuff in reply boxes on mobile. On PC it's always fine for me. I've upgraded the server a couple of days ago, so will be moving to vb5 which will actually be responsive so should be improved.

Comment

Ok cool - rather than hassle you for anything now, can you let us know when you do that move and then I'll see if I continue to have any issues? I've not discounted it being user (device) error yet either.

Comment

You'll notice when it happens. Everything will look a bit different

Comment

The [IMG] function doesn't seem to be working for me charlesr - please see the "post anytime you import anything" thread. Cannot get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        The [IMG] function doesn't seem to be working for me charlesr - please see the "post anytime you import anything" thread. Cannot get it to work.
                        Eeep. OK I'll check it out when I'm on the PC. Pretty weird. The posts above you are working for images, but it's not obvious on my phone how they got there. Thanks for reporting

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

Eeep. OK I'll check it out when I'm on the PC. Pretty weird. The posts above you are working for images, but it's not obvious on my phone how they got there. Thanks for reporting
                          Cheers for picking up.

I managed to get the particular image in question working by repasting the link within the IMG brackets but you probably still might want to investigate as there appears to be an issue with the brackets randomly being picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

Cheers for picking up.

I managed to get the particular image in question working by repasting the link within the IMG brackets but you probably still might want to investigate as there appears to be an issue with the brackets randomly being picked up.
                            I couldn't repeat the issue. Very odd though because it looked correct in terms of what you'd originally posted.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

I couldn't repeat the issue. Very odd though because it looked correct in terms of what you'd originally posted.
                              Very odd indeed. Originally I tried it several times and the IMG brackets would only sit outside the link and not properly wrap around it. One to look out for if it happens again because I'd never had that issue until today.

Cheers again for looking into it.

Comment

Please check if post flag/report function works charlesr.

Comment

Working...
                                X