X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really no idea why that's not working I'll ask vbulletin

Comment

Serves me right for rage-ignoring the entire forum!

Obviously I'm joking. Obviously.

Comment

Comment

Okay, I'm hesitating to report this and it has been this way for a while now and, actually, it may be a good thing but... you know when you have someone on ignore and the curiosity gets the better of you and you click 'view post'? It doesn't work. It used to work but then stopped at least few weeks ago I think.

I'm honestly not sure I want it to work any more. But thought you should know.

Edit: Ah, that's what Kryss was also reporting above. Ignore me then. You already know. Maybe don't ever fix it...

Comment

Lol. Yeah. I haven't had a reply from vbulletin yet. I'll chase

Comment

Browsing on iPad, there are problems with threads with a large number of embedded YouTube videos.

I can never view the 'what are you listening to' thread, nor the current 'great TV openers' thread (currently at 27 posts) because everyone has posted YouTube examples instead of using their words. The iPad will start to load, then report "a problem occurred with this thread so it was reloaded" and enter an endless loop of loading/crashing/reloading.

I have my post limit set to 50 per page, so I know I could probably fix the problem by changing my settings, but as iPads are standard hardware I figured you should be made aware.

As a general courtesy thing it would be nice if YouTube vids and pictures were always enclosed in spoiler drop downs, but that's on the poster's side and can't be expected.

Comment

Yeah same problem here. Safari just gives up due to the scripts in the embeds. Everything else soldiers on till it eventually loads, even on my mobile. I will put a note on the thread

Comment

Just curious, is it still an issue if the videos are in the HIDE tags?
                  Shall we try it on the TV Themes thread to test, [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]?

Comment

Yeah, I tried it on page one of that thread. In 50 posts mode, it takes 14 seconds to load on my PC and an age on my phone. Safari on the iPad just gives up (lame).

Comment

How does it run now you've hidden the videos?

Comment

That's what I meant - after hiding it, it made no difference.

Comment

Ah right, okay. That's a shame.
                          I've hidden stuff before and found it easier to navigate.
                          It was worth a try.

Comment

What iPads are you guys on? I haven't had a problem at all. Not saying we should go ahead and post them because Dogg's alright and has no problem... just curious about which iPads are struggling.

Comment

50ppp seems pretty unnecessary when this forum probably only has fifty posts a day across the entire thing. Switching down to 20ppp won't affect your general reading experience a great deal I wouldn't have thought.

Comment

I'm on an iPad mini (1?)

Was I was a bit hasty with requesting links instead of embeds in the music thread? On my iPad, the forum default of 10 posts per page works fine. It's only when you move away from forum default that Safari goes lame and falls over.

edit: [MENTION=3138]toythatkills[/MENTION] I tried changing to 20 posts and the music thread still falls over on my iPad mini in safari. I tried Chrome too on the iPad. Chrome is soooooo much faster for normal browsing, but it still falls over on the multiple youtube embed pages, so it must be a device thing.
                                Last edited by charlesr; 17-02-2016, 17:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X