No announcement yet.

Die Hard 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen the last two and will likely never see this so I don't mind what they make.

Comment

Die Hard 4 was not too bad but 5 was a load of ****.

Comment

Always thought 4 should have been called Live easy, die hard

Comment

Given the set up for DH1 I don't see any benefit what so ever to having prequel elements unless Fox plans to use it to soft reboot the franchise, allowing them to make Die Hard 7 onwards with whoever replaces Willis in the lead role. The main thing that keeps me optimistic is Wiseman who did a solid job of Die Hard 4 and Willis enjoyed working in it with him so might be tempted to put a little effort in this time.

Obviously stricter fans will hate it but still it'll be nice for DH5 to not be the note it ended on regardless.

Comment

I thought Die Hard 4 and 5 were both pants and this series should die a death now. When Willis still had fire in his belly he was awesome but now he's a miserable old git and good riddance to him.

Comment

He is. Actually that is at least something we'll get from this movie - some really grumpy Willis interview treats.

Comment

Last week came word that a sixth film in the “Die Hard” series is not only moving forward, but would serve as both a prequel and a sequel to the film series so far – some of the story taking place in the present day and some back in 1979 when Bruce Willis’ John McClane […]

Willis confirms the new pitch is genuine and moving ahead

Comment

I couldn't even sit all the way through 5. Jai Courtney is just too bland and uninteresting.

Comment

A while back came word that FOX’s sixth and likely final instalment in the “Die Hard” franchise would be a prequel dubbed “Die Hard: Year One” which would focus on a younger John McClane and have star Bruce Willis involved only to bookend the film with present day scenes. Turns out Willis may be more […]

It's starting to sound like Willis's present day portions will remain the focus of the film with the prequel elements adding plot details rather than being the primary sequences so as not to detract from the events of DH1

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      He is. Actually that is at least something we'll get from this movie - some really grumpy Willis interview treats.
                      I hate those; they piss me off no end. They usually result in him sat in a studio with both an interviewer and co-star who don't know what to say.

It might be funny for Willis, but the other two people in the shot probably don't have enough money to retire several times over and need that gig to get along.

He should either do the film and dance like a monkey for the promotion, or show some credibility and not do the film at all.

Comment

Yep, as mildly entertaining as I find those car crash interviews, I completely agree. They make him seem really unpleasant to be around. Very antagonistic. If he doesn't believe in his movies enough to promote them with a smile, he should stop making them.

Comment

The modern legend is supposed to be, with Willis, that he signs up for most films purely for the paycheck. In this cases he's hard to deal with because he doesn't care at all about the end product. If he is working with someone he gets on well with or on a film he has an active interest in then it's reflected in his performance.

It's certainly a theory that holds up alright against his filmography. The more recent films that were well recieved were all the ones he was most interested in. As far as Willis is concerned, perhaps the most optimistic thing with Die Hard 6 is that he really enjoyed working with Wiseman on Die Hard 4

Comment

I looked at the way people have been praising Alan Rickman when he passed away last week and how he was both professional and a pleasure to be around and I wondered if people would say the same thing about Willis these days and I was a little sad that the answer is going to be "no".

I doubt John McClane would go for a pint with Bruce Willis.

Comment

With the upcoming sixth “Die Hard” film likely to be the last, 20th Century Fox’s action franchise is said to be going back in time at least partially for the new outing. We learned the other week that “Die Hard: Year One” would employ a “The Godfather Part II” style structure – jumping between the […]

Wiseman says that the prequel aspects will take place on New Years Eve 1979 and will show how John first got together with Holly along with other more pressing plot points

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                Wiseman says that the prequel aspects will take place on New Years Eve 1979 and will show how John first got together with Holly along with other more pressing plot points
                                Those "other" ones better be good, then, because that example certainly isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X