No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanchez seems to be favouring Arsenal according to the press. But I'm clinging on to a thread that we are still trying to convince him.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping Markovic is comes in. Promising player.

Comment

Gonna call it now.
      Liverpool will flop like Spurs did when they sold Bale and splurged the cash on all those players

Comment

Who would you buy with the money? Realistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
          Gonna call it now.
          Liverpool will flop like Spurs did when they sold Bale and splurged the cash on all those players
          Totally different situation in so many ways.

Spurs + Bale was far more a one-man team than Liverpool ever was with Suarez - 70 league goals scored last season when Suarez's haul is subtracted.

Secondly, things off the pitch with Spurs clearly weren't right - AVB fighting power struggles, players brought in that he didn't want, being briefed against to the media by people at the club....none of that going on at Liverpool. Everybody pulling in the right direction for the first time in AGES.

So no, I think you and many other haters will be made to eat your words, but we'll see!

Comment

Looks like Balotelli will be with us by the weekend, thought the price would be more than ?16M after he had a good season in Italy.
            If he can stay on track and bang in 20+ goals this season could turn out to be a great buy. Like LFC's thinking though of a possible clause to return the player to Milan if he got in trouble too often. Obviously ACM didn't go for that.

Comment

A steal when you consider Shane Long was 12m. I think his presence on the pitch along side Sturridge (providing they play together) will give opposing defenders that extra that to think about, creating space for others (like when Suarez was here).

I think it's a good move.

Hang on, Spurs are bidding? :P

Comment

Shane Long and Ross McCormack was for 'no wonder British football is ****e' prices.

Comment

If this Balotelli deal goes through, Liverpool still need at least one more striker, to really have a full squad, as you generally need at least four strikers that you can rotate around... With Borini more or less out the door, that fourth man could potentially be Samuel Eto, which I am not too fussed about, but I'd rather have him than not have a striker.

I like how the squad has been strengthened this season, just need to shift some baggage still though in the way of Glen Johnson amongst a couple of others...

I am very much looking forward to the City match on Monday, I feel positive about it!

Comment

Balotelli won't be able to play on Monday, but if we can nick a win at City would be a great start to the season for sure.
                    City and Chelsea away have to be the two hardest games all season so rather get one out the way early.

Suppose Eto would only be on a 12 month contract so not millions wasted away over the years if it doesn't pan out well.

Comment

Well, things unravelled tonight. Things can only get better. Right?

How we pissed things away last May still grates big time. Like leading the Grand National and falling at the final fence.

You may well frown SG.

Comment

I guess you could say it was good to get that game out of the way early on in the campaign. They are/were strong.

Maybe if Balotelli was up with Sturridge, their defence would stretch more. Instead of having our number 10 play in a non number 10 role.

Comment

Why Rodgers persists with Skrtel is baffling. Surely it has to be Lovren and Sakho in our centre of defence?

Comment

Least he didn't play Toure. Even seeing his name on the bench sent a shiver down my spine.

Comment

What a bad performance today. We seem to be drifting in the days of old ie being a good cup team but over the course of a 38 game League season we just can't do it.
                              Dread to think how many some of the teams like Real would put past us right now.

Comment

The loss of Suarez coupled with extra European fixtures is massive. With Suarez in the team, teams were scared. Not anymore. Still a decent squad but will be an interesting season for the club.

Comment

Working...
                                X