No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finding shorter stuff much more likely to get watched so I've watched some more Rick & Morty (loved the episode trapped in the house with the replicating alien that implanted memories so you'd keep them around) and watch a couple of eps of One Punch Man, which has started off pretty simplistic, but fun.

At present, it's like a gorier Power Rangers, so I'm hoping it gets some more depth as the series progresses.

Comment

I enjoyed it greatly, gets better to the end as well.

We started Japanese dating reality show Ainori. Cliched as it is, we still couldn't help watching 5 eps.

Comment

Watching Annihilation. Stunning so far. Quite near the end, but needed sleep. I'm hooked. It could almost be a documentary. Everything seems so real.

Comment

Netflix are making a Fast and Furious animated series. They will be seriously missing a trick if they don’t call it Toon Fast Toon Furious.

Comment

Genius. You should send your idea to them.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I'm finding shorter stuff much more likely to get watched so I've watched some more Rick & Morty (loved the episode trapped in the house with the replicating alien that implanted memories so you'd keep them around) and watch a couple of eps of One Punch Man, which has started off pretty simplistic, but fun.

At present, it's like a gorier Power Rangers, so I'm hoping it gets some more depth as the series progresses.
              Oh sleepy Gary.

Comment

Netflix has famously butted heads with exhibitors in recent years over their strategy of releasing films directly on their service and bypassing the theatrical release window. In the past, they’ve wanted day-and-date releases theatrically for their titles, but exhibitors have refused to play ball. It has proven hard for them as films need to screen […]

Word is that Netflix is considering buying a limited chain of cinemas so that it can stage events and qualify for awards like the Oscars. They should sort out the movie quality first.

Comment

I imagine the Oscars would just amend the rules if they are just doing this to get in on a technicality.

Comment

I do wonder if there's a minimum no. of screens element to it in place as otherwise it'd be too easy to get consideration.

Comment

Trailer for Danish Netflix series The Rain:

Comment

I watched The Babysitter, one of the better Netflix films. They are in no danger of winning anything.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Oh sleepy Gary.
                          "Shhh! I thought we agreed never in the house?!"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            "Shhh! I thought we agreed never in the house?!"
                            We’ll always have THAT boat trip, won’t we sleepy Gary?

Comment

Watched Kodachrome yesterday, thought it was great.
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Just started watching Lost In Space.

One episode in... Pretty decent if a bit of a fast, overload the suspense and get the classic line delivered. Still it was enjoyable so fingers crossed this is a good un.

Comment

Working...
                                X