No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rain. It makes we want to commit harm. Not as **** as The Mist but close. Fingers crossed for a serial of The Fog or better still The Sunny With Scattered Showers.

Comment

Is it bad or just depressing?

Comment

Managed to take in the entire small series of Aggretsuko, (10 episodes about 15mins each) it’s been a while since I’ve watched anything anime based and I actually knew nothing about the show, a friend mentioned it on text but that was about it, so I gave it a go.
        The initial reveal of what the character does to cope with the stress of a horrible office life is amazing, pretty much had me after that.
        Retsuko is a great character as well and support cast is pretty solid too.

Comment

Wetlands | 0:13Hard to be a God | 0:36Upstream Color | 1:06God of Cookery | 1:343 Headed Shark Attack | 1:57The ABCs of Death | 2:28He Never Died | 2:51Daemonium | 3:20The Scribbler | 3:54Night Watch/Day Watch | 4:39Deathgasm | 5:14Zombeavers | 5:59

Comment

Lost in Space
            http://www.darkhorizons.com/netflix-...-for-season-2/
            Netflix have given the go ahead for Season 2

Comment

Guillermo del Toro is making a horror series for Netflix

"A horror anthology series by Guillermo del Toro, the Oscar-winning filmmaker behind The Shape of Water, Pan’s Labyrinth, Hellboy and Pacific Rim is on its way to Netflix. Titled Guillermo del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight, it will feature horror tales selected by del Toro, who will also write and direct some episodes. The series is the first horror anthology for Netflix.

According to Deadline, del Toro will be teaming up with his Shape of Water co-producer J. Miles Dale, and will “hand pick a team of top horror writers and new filmmakers to bring his selection of stories to life.” del Toro, who is also working on a Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark movie for CBS films, previously created the Emmy-winning fantasy series Trollhunters for Netflix with Dreamworks Animation; its final season premieres on May 25th."

Comment

PT: The Series

Comment

The Revenant

Brilliant movie which I couldn't take my eyes off. Very gripping.

Comment

Beautiful film. Difficult to watch but worth it. Wife thought it was a bit much. She’s very squeamish.

Comment

I mentioned it before, but the cinematographer for this, Birdman, Gravity, Children of Men, Tree of Life and so on, is Emmanuel Lubezki.
                      Those long tracking shots that worked so well in those films are partially down to him.

In The Revenant, I was almost dizzy trying to absorb all the things going on as the camera span around (with no camera crew on show!)

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        Beautiful film. Difficult to watch but worth it. Wife thought it was a bit much. She’s very squeamish.
                        Yeah, it's very brutal film. Brutal people in a brutal environment.

Comment

Really struggled to will myself to start 13 Reasons Why Season 2 due to how S1 closed with absolutely no room or need for one. Decided to read the reviews first, then thought sack it and read the season spoilers. Glad I didn't bother, sounds as desperate to justify its existence as I imagined it would be.

Comment

Ricky Gervais - Humanity

Really a mixed bag. Has it's moments (like the funny clip below) but its not as funny as his earlier stand up. Worth watching if you're Gervais fan. Just.

Comment

Watched Safe, 8 episodes and I enjoyed it

Comment

Adult Swim took a hell of a long time to renew their wildly successful animated series “Rick and Morty,” and then the other month it was revealed why – the show scoring a renewal for a gigantic 70 episodes. That more than doubled the number of existing episodes aired so far over three seasons and […]

Dan Harmon has said that part of the reasoning for the Rick and Morty bumper sized renewal is that the deal is so big it means he doesn't have to take on other projects whilst working on the show meaning that he can finally focus solely on its output for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X