No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the few episodes I saw but(and excuse the pun) camera cuts ruin the illusion for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Ozark season 2 yay!
      Very much looking forward to starting this too!

Comment

Started the series DARK...

Lots of people on my FB recommended it, but... It's a bit like LOST so far. All made up nonsense with not even a hint that the writers know how to sow it all up. I really cannot stomach another travesty like lost.

Up to the end of episode 3 or 4 now? Dead birds falling on a cop car. Is it worth sticking with?

Bojack season 5 has dropped, and it's amazing as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
          Started the series DARK...

Lots of people on my FB recommended it, but... It's a bit like LOST so far. All made up nonsense with not even a hint that the writers know how to sow it all up. I really cannot stomach another travesty like lost.

Up to the end of episode 3 or 4 now? Dead birds falling on a cop car. Is it worth sticking with?

Bojack season 5 has dropped, and it's amazing as always.
          I keep saying this to people and they look at me like I’ve obviously no idea what I’m talking about, but Bojack manages to bring more meaning into subjects like depression than the most serious art house film/program you’ll see by even the most pretentious of directors.

I don’t know how they’ve done it but Bojacks downward spiral is just perfect in its tragedy, not only that but you actually get to understand the WHY he got like that as well.

Comment

I enjoyed DARK, though the second season may derail it. It starts off as fairly random but it does pull it all together in the last few episodes with an explanation as to what is going on that massively simplifies the concept going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              I keep saying this to people and they look at me like I’ve obviously no idea what I’m talking about, but Bojack manages to bring more meaning into subjects like depression than the most serious art house film/program you’ll see by even the most pretentious of directors.

I don’t know how they’ve done it but Bojacks downward spiral is just perfect in its tragedy, not only that but you actually get to understand the WHY he got like that as well.
              I agree. I'd say Bojack is something kids should be made to watch in school - it totally nails the problems of existential nihilism faced by new generations entering modern society. It's more real than so much else I've ever seen or read, especially given that it's contemporary.

The script is also pure concentrated intellectualism blended with horrifically dark comedy.

Comment

I watched Mute last night.

Underwhelmed, to be honest.
                I'm not entirely sure why it's set in the future as it could easily had a contemporary setting.
                I watched the whole thing to the end and there's some good acting in there, Ant-Man especially, It just wasn't the most gripping of tales.

Comment

Horrendous hangover sunday, so we binged the full second season of atypical. It's a likeable enough show, even if some of the plot lines are glaringly obvious.

Comment

The first trailer for Gareth "The Raid" Evans' Apostle.

Comment

Dragon Prince.

Turned it off after 5 mins. Voice acting is THE worst, turgid, disgusting, S**T I’ve ever heard.

It’s so bad I want to physically assault the caster who allowed any of these people on tv.

Show also has frame rate problems, FRAME RATE PROBLEMS in a god dam tv show.

Comment

Netflix has announced that the animated series “Avatar: The Last Airbender” will be reimagined as a live-action series exclusively for the streaming giant. Production is expected to commence next year. The story is set in a world divided into four nations — the Water Tribe, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nomads […]

Avatar: The Last Airbender is going to be remade as a live action series for Netflix with production starting next year

Comment

Nobody needs that.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Dragon Prince.

Turned it off after 5 mins. Voice acting is THE worst, turgid, disgusting, S**T I’ve ever heard.

It’s so bad I want to physically assault the caster who allowed any of these people on tv.
                            Was it originally an English production?

Because I don't know if anyone else has noticed this... But modern dubbing of foreign shows has gotten comically awful in recent years. Like 1970s kung-fu films bad. And I blame it on all the people who now choose to watch in the native languages with English subtitles. For a time studios were putting effort into good dubs, but now they're like: " **** it, most people will just use the subtitles, so slap any old crap dubbing on it and call it a day. "

Both The Rain and Dark have some of the most truly godawful dubbing I have ever heard. Both shows are also absolute trash. But some people seem to like them, and the critics like them, so I would have assumed the studios would pay for decent dubbing. Total lack of lip-synching, and it sounds like they used the same three people for the entire cast, in both shows.

I hate reading subtitles. At my advancing age it's dubs or nothing.

Comment

Was it originally an English production?

Because I don't know if anyone else has noticed this... But modern dubbing of foreign shows has gotten comically awful in recent years. Like 1970s kung-fu films bad. And I blame it on all the people who now choose to watch in the native languages with English subtitles. For a time studios were putting effort into good dubs, but now they're like: " **** it, most people will just use the subtitles, so slap any old crap dubbing on it and call it a day. "

Both The Rain and Dark have some of the most truly godawful dubbing I have ever heard. Both shows are also absolute trash. But some people seem to like them, and the critics like them, so I would have assumed the studios would pay for decent dubbing. Total lack of lip-synching, and it sounds like they used the same three people for the entire cast, in both shows.

I hate reading subtitles. At my advancing age it's dubs or nothing.
                              I assume its an American production.

Comment

Both The Rain and Dark have some of the most truly godawful dubbing I have ever heard.
                                I watched the first episode of The Rain and didn't realise it was dubbed at first.
                                I checked my projector wasn't out of sync, then sussed what was happening.
                                Agreed, there's very little effort on matching them up.

Comment

Working...
                                X