Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    I'm gonna git you sucka!!! <<< charles recommends this.
    Isaac Hayes is quality in that.

Check if "Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the 'hood" is on there.

Comment

The Brass Teapot - only watched 25mins so far, but basic premise is good. Couple on the edge of poverty find a teapot that dispenses money if they hurt themselves or each other. Looking forward to see how it pans out.

Comment

Top shows I've watched since getting Netflix:
        It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - been running for around nine years now in the States but I only discovered through Netflix. Get through a couple of episodes (the first season is the weakest in my opinion) and it's excellent. The characters are all utterly horrible people, but it is hilarious and frequently so.

Parks and Recreation - season one feels a bit too much like The Office, but after that it finds it's feet and becomes a really nice, cleverly written sitcom.

Archer - already mentioned. It's great.

Arrested Development - already mentioned, one of the smartest sitcoms ever written.

House of Cards - already mentioned...well written, directed and acted. Proves Netflix are onto a winner with their format.

Comment

Better off Ted, about a guy who works for an evil company, the set up is hes always trying to do the right thing to show his daughter that hes a good person, very good show and a nice likeable cast too.

Comment

Watched End of Watch on Netflix at the w/e - they do have a few entertaining films on there, although if swears offend you, you probably want to give it a miss: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/En...trkid=13462061

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              Parks and Recreation - season one feels a bit too much like The Office, but after that it finds it's feet and becomes a really nice, cleverly written sitcom.
              I love Parks and Recreation. It's getting a bit gooey in the last couple of series but I really don't mind. I just love the cast and getting to see scenes like Andy acting out Road House will never get old, although it seems like everybody has forgotten about Mark.

Comment

One more for Parks and Recreation.

I also thought it would be like The Office. I got into it after flukily watching some clips of Ron Swanson and haven't looked back. I guess what helps is I gave up on The Office around season 3 or 4 which was a long time ago, but it's a lovely program regardless.

This week has been aces for me as they've added the latest seasons of P&R, 30 Rock and New Girl which I've been behind on since arriving in Japan(I downloaded them but it was pot luck whether the PS3 would play each episode so I gave up).

I also just found out last night that season three of Louie is on there. I didn't even know there was a season three!

Comment

Gone baby gone. Directed by Ben afleck and stars his younger brother. Very watchable with a good plot, keeps you questioning long after the films finished, colour me surprised.

And another mention for Archer, just sheer genius. Awwwww, ugly duckling, bawwk bawwk

Comment

The 25th hour is a great film. Quite powerful in it's own way, especially the ending.

Regarding Jackie's Legend of the Drunken Master, isn't this version cut?

Comment

10 'underrated' recommendations and it includes Breaking Bad? Lol. Rarely have I heard so much about a TV programme ("you haven't seen it? You MUST watch it" ?_?)

Comment

I've not seen The 25th Hour, but only heard good things about it. Is Bruce Banner's character a bit of an unlikeable douche though? I don't know what I'm basing that on. Possibly his hairstyle.

It's very possible that Legend of Drunken Master is the dubbed/cut/cropped Miramax version, but if you've not seen it, you're probably not that bothered.

The cuts aren't that severe anyway. In fact, it's one of the least cut Chan films in the US. The main cut is in the last few seconds of the film where the effects of drinking industrial-strength alcohol has made Chan's character mentally disabled. It was played for laughs and the US thought it in bad taste, so was cut out. It's shockingly non-PC!

[hide][/hide]

At the end of the day, it's a film packed with some of the best fights committed to film, and the more people that can see it, the better, in my book!

As for Breaking Bad, the list was written in March 2012, so it wasn't as crazy as the last few months where it's been building up to a finale. I've not seen a single episode yet, but I'll try it after I finish Spooks. I have three series left, so it might not be this year!
                        Last edited by QualityChimp; 10-10-2013, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I've not seen The 25th Hour, but only heard good things about it. Is Bruce Banner's character a bit of an unlikeable douche though? I don't know what I'm basing that on. Possibly his hairstyle.
                          Edward Norton does play a very good tw*t, but it is one of the reason the film's message is so good imo. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Barry Pepper (religious sniper in Saving Private Ryan) also play very good parts.

It's very possible that Legend of Drunken Master is the dubbed/cut/cropped Miramax version, but if you've not seen it, you're probably not that bothered.

At the end of the day, it's a film packed with some of the best fights committed to film, and the more people that can see it, the better, in my book!
                          Definitely!

Comment

UK Netflix has Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey and not Excellent Adventure. WTF Netflix?

Comment

US Netflix has the Deadmau5 gig on it. Very cool for anyone who likes electronica.

Comment

Working...
                              X