No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still got to watch S2 but S1 is pretty consistent, it's good that it's not beholden to real life events meaning it can throw caution to the wind

Comment

Finished Stranger Things Season 2 and it picked up after the lull in the middle.
      They keep resolving the story, then having a "...or have they?!" twist ending, that's going to annoy if they keep doing it.
      I guess it's because they didn't know if they'd be renewed.

The talkie show afterwards is interesting, especially as the kids can get quite excitable, but the host is a bit annoying and wanting to make it all about him.

Maybe I'll try Breaking Bad again, next.
      Or possibly this Timeless.

Comment

I see that the Initial D film is on at the minute.
        I remember it being broody and slow, but might try again.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Maybe I'll try Breaking Bad again, next.
          Or possibly this Timeless.
          I binged hard on Breaking Bad when the DVD sets were cheap many years ago.

Up to episode 9 of Timeless and still loving it. The flippant one liners are hilarious and the characters are all nicely fleshed out. I like how the main characters are written especially. In a lot of TV the women are either damsels in distress or OTT ball busters, but the historian lady here is sympathetic and realistic - a normal person doing an abnormal job. The soldier isn't just the muscles - he's actually intelligent. The black hacker nerd is hilarious and you can actually see him growing as a character between episodes, becoming more confident and self-reliant. They're all quite likeable.

Though I suspect that some might tire of the cat and mouse chase with the main villain. I like it because it has a sort of "old TV series" feeling - the way he's always one step ahead of them. Like Murdock on MacGuyver.

Comment

Laura Prepon has said that Orange is the New Black is currently gearing up for its endgame and as things currently stand next years Season 7 will be the last.

The show still hasn't caught up with the 14 or so month sentence Piper was originally given making the story arcs seem really daft given the timeline of the show. We enjoy it and will watch S6 soon but either way we're out with S7 as its definitely on the verge of losing focus as it is so ending it before it fully ruins itself would be good.

Comment

I watched an episode of Altered Carbon, Breaking Bad and started at the beginning of Battlestar Galactica (Prime).

I enjoyed them all. Galactica might work because it's finished and a complete story, sci-fi and I've seen some of it before, so I know I'll like it.

I'm not sure if I can watch three shows per night forever, though.
              What am I, some kind of Superman Falls?!

Comment

After tonight when we watch the IT Crowd finale we'll be straight onto Orange is the New Black Season 6 mixed with S2 of Westworld. We started Westworld but turned it off after 20 minutes as the plots too heavy going to jump straight in after a two year gap so we need to be in the right frame of mind

It still need to get round to Altered Carbon, the missus won't watch it so it'll be a work time job. Galactica's good for the most part, not sure the one-offs added much and I wasn't that sold on the ending decisions but the majority is gold.

Comment

The IT Crowd dates from a time where you'd sit down to watch a show at the time it was broadcast and I was apparently out, a lot of the time, so I have gaps in what I've seen. It's like Friends, where I never know what series I'm watching!

Love Westworld S1, but don't have Sky/Now and I'm not subbing to another service!

Altered Carbon was good. Wears its Blade Runner Fan Club badge proudly, but has its own story to tell.
                  Decent budget as it looks amazing. Quite a lot of superfluous effin' and jeffin' though.

I think I saw the first season of Battlestar (like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad!), but enjoyed it, so I'm starting again from the mini-series. We'll see how we get on.

Comment

I might try Amazing Interiors with the missus.

Comment

Netflix has cancelled its comedy talks series “The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale” and “The Break With Michele Wolf”. Both series premiered earlier this year. Netflix declines to release viewership information for its original shows, so it is not clear what size audiences Wolf and McHale drew. The axing follows on from Netflix’s cancelling […]

Netflix has cancelled The Break with Michele Wolfe and The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale

Comment

Netflix is reportedly testing a new feature advertising its own shows in between episodes of those who are binge-watching a series on their service. Netflix users who have been added to this trial have been appearing on Reddit and Twitter and they are already complaining about the feature. The function adds a full screen video […]

Netflix are reportedly testing the introduction of adverts in between episodes. The ads are for other Netflix shows with the selection personalised to the users tastes and are skippable. None the less, it's gone down like the Hindenburg

Comment

The whole thing about tailoring to me is annoying. I don't want to always watch similar stuff. I want variety. Give me an A-Z list of films please, and TV. With genre and age filters.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            The whole thing about tailoring to me is annoying. I don't want to always watch similar stuff. I want variety. Give me an A-Z list of films please, and TV. With genre and age filters.
                            Definitely!

I use this site for some ideas, random suggestions and alphabetically listed:

Here's my random suggestions it gave me!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 20-08-2018, 10:28.

Comment

Yep, and this desire for variety and also to combat the familiar event of wasting an hour browsing Netflix looking for something to watch makes me think that Netflix and similar services will eventually add channels lining up shows in a row. Adding commercials (and they will - this promo thing is testing the waters and effectively aiming for desensitisation), they will basically have invented broadcast television.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Yep, and this desire for variety and also to combat the familiar event of wasting an hour browsing Netflix looking for something to watch makes me think that Netflix and similar services will eventually add channels lining up shows in a row. Adding commercials (and they will - this promo thing is testing the waters and effectively aiming for desensitisation), they will basically have invented broadcast television.
                                Maybe the s**t ui is intentional then.

Comment

Working...
                                X