Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix Recommendations

Ok I think Netflix is great value for money but fails.

It fails because there are no favourites, no queue, nothing (unlike the US version).

So what normally happens is that I browse for about 20 mins and then give up, so what I want this thread to be all about is stuff you have watched and enjoyed and would recommend to others.

I'll start by saying I have watched and really enjoyed Orange is the New Black, which is a Netflix original series about life inside a women's prison. It's a dark comedy, a bit filthy which I always like and has some excellent actors in it.

Anyway do I watch Expendables 2 tonight or not??

House of Cards (also a Netflix original series), which is a dark American political drama. Has quite a few big stars, with the main guy being played by Kevin Spacey

Comment

Yeah saw that looks good, cheers.

Comment

Defo house of cards - quality show

Comment

Do NOT watch expendables 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
            Ha thought as much.

Comment

I've started watching this show called Lillyhammer on netflix - it's brilliant

Comment

Netflix has a 'My List' now which isn't great but helps you not forget what you intend to watch at some point...

My recs are the show Luther and the film The Devils Rejects.

Also get an unblocker and watch Mongolian Death Worm on Chilean Netflix

Comment

I think I saw that on TV one day. It wasn't very good....unsurprisingly. It wasn't even good in a bad way. Not enough worms

Comment

Has anybody watched Portlandia? Very funny

The increasingly poor decisions of Todd Margaret is a massively underrated comedy series and it's on Netflix Uk and US I think.
                    it's about a clueless american office worker, who is mistaken for a go getting corporate bastard( by Will Arnett who is a corporate bastard) and sent to the UK to head up the sales division for 'Thunder Muscle' energy drink because "the brits love energy drinks, they go crazy for that ****".

Really funny and has loads of laugh out loud moments, this is one of my favourite bits (he has been given some advice to fit in by wearing the tshirt my his evil co-worker, {Neil from the Inbetweeners)

I think it's a British production although it has a couple of big US comedy people in, David Cross' character is not entirely dissimilar to Dr Tobias F?nke in Arrested Development. A combination of his total lack of common sense, being a terrible liar and loads of bad luck is hilarious to watch.
                    Last edited by EvilBoris; 06-09-2013, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                      I've started watching this show called Lillyhammer on netflix - it's brilliant
                      I'm actually going to Lillehammer in nov, let you know if I find and US mobsters hiding :/. Fantastic show too, was the first Netflix original.

Comment

The "my list" thing is bizarre. It works on the PC, but on the Xbox, I can only add (or remove) things to it that are on my recently played list... wtf. And there's no "my list" area. wtfX2

I mean, this stuff should be so easy. Seriously wtf.

Anyway, I've just finished going through Better Off Ted on the US Netflix and it's 100% essential viewing to anyone that has ever laughed even once.

Comment

In fact more ranting... If they fixed this stuff, I'd actually be able to recommend it to people as a fun way to watch TV and film. As it stands, it's just a cheap way.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                            Say what? It's so much better than the first one!

Charles mentioned Better Off Ted in another thread. Very good watch IMO.
                            I've been working through Bones recently and am up to season 7, also well written for such a long running programme.
                            Netflix original Hemlock Grove was okay. My name is Earl is fun at times.
                            Movie-wise the last thing I watched was The Man From Nowhere. Some proper decent fights scenes in that.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              The "my list" thing is bizarre. It works on the PC, but on the Xbox, I can only add (or remove) things to it that are on my recently played list... wtf. And there's no "my list" area. wtfX2

It's because it is meant to be available to US created Netflix accounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X