Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the lack of ability to pull together a plan to make Brexit happen even though it has been live for several years, I think stumbling into unrealistic goals and trying to achieve something in a chaotic, uncertain way is actually a far more realistic aim and more practical approach than waiting for your proper, practical and tangible plans which will never exist.

Comment

The Tories may have lost a candidate yesterday who knew about an aide sabotaging a rape case but they wasted no time replacing that presence by adding another candidate for a different area who once said that women would do well to help avoid being raped by 'keeping their knickers on'

Comment

Johnson says that the Tory party will catagorically never allow a second independence referendum for Scotland

Comment

He also said the UK would leave the EU on the 31st of October no matter what.

Comment

The SNP will launch their own campaign today and some early points have me a little confused, though it's likely just my own understanding of it that's at fault:

Voting for the SNP is a vote to escape Brexit
            It's not though is it? The SNP want to Remain but if they're successful they want independence which will plunge Scotland back into years of being outside the EU again if Brexit itself was overturned.

Being independent would stop Westminster selling off the NHS

But isn't the NHS our NHS? As in the UK? If Scotland left the union they wouldn't have one anymore wouldn't they and therefore be tasked with creating their own from scratch at huge cost and at the mercy of whatever trade costs they could negotiate that would then be overturned by joining EU trade terms again?

Meanwhile Johnson has caused a fuss by saying that the Irish Sea border in is agreement has been misunderstood because he won't carry out the checks agreed with the EU, thereby breaching the deals terms and rendering it null putting us back in No Deal - exposing it for the sham move it really is.

51 Labour MP's have formed an alliance to say that if Labour comes to power and a Second Referendum takes place they will campaign for Remain regardless of what the Party Leadership position is.

SNP's Ian Blackford says the SNP will push to legislate a Second Independence Referendum regardless of who's in power, this despite Johnson's comments that Scotland can do what it wants because they'll never allow a second vote to take place. Blackford says it's important to push forward so they can prepare for a fast transfer to the EU and because voters gave them a mandate for it in 2017. The trouble there clearly being that you can put what you want in a GE mandate when you have a monopoly over voters, doesn't mean they support you on a singular particular point like this - ergo the entire issue of sorting Brexit via GE.

The Deputy Chief Executive of NatCen Social Research says their findings are that 60% of the public believe the voting age should remain as it currently is. Only 19% believe it should be lowered to allow 16/17 yr olds a vote and 16% negate even that opinion by supporting the voting age being raised to 21.

Comment

The NHS is a devolved issue under the control of the Scottish government. It’s funding comes out of Scotland’s budget and not from England and Wales as Tory shill Gordon Brown told the nation in the run up to the last referendum.
              Voting for the SNP and potential independence is escaping from Brexit. Once the UK is out that is it. At least an independent Scotland could rejoin the EU.
              I’m in favour of the voting age being lowered. If you’re old enough to have bairns, which is the ultimate responsibility, I’m sure picking which entitled elite is going to be the next PM is well within your capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                The NHS is a devolved issue under the control of the Scottish government. It’s funding comes out of Scotland’s budget and not from England and Wales as Tory shill Gordon Brown told the nation in the run up to the last referendum.
                Voting for the SNP and potential independence is escaping from Brexit. Once the UK is out that is it. At least an independent Scotland could rejoin the EU.
                I’m in favour of the voting age being lowered. If you’re old enough to have bairns, which is the ultimate responsibility, I’m sure picking which entitled elite is going to be the next PM is well within your capacity.
                QFT!!!

Comment

So as their part of the NHS is self-funded they'd simply have to continue as is then? It'd be easy for them to maintain it without disruption from their part separating from the rest of the NHS?

Comment

Latest polling from 8th Nov sees Tories leading by just under 11 points (though some polls show some Labour gains, just not making inroads into the Tory lead).

Comment

Ah bollocks.
                      All the news and analysis as campaigning enters its second week as Nigel Farage gives Boris Johnson a boost.

"Brexit Party will not contest Tory-held seats
                      Nigel Farage says the Brexit Party will not contest the 317 seats won by the Conservatives at the last election.

However, the party will fight all the other seats held by Labour and other pro-Remain parties.

This is a huge moment in the campaign and the announcement is met with big applause from Brexit Party activist"

Comment

Brexit Party

Comment

They were just talking about this on the radio and seemed to warn it was a bit of an empty gesture by Farage as in most of the seats in question the Tories would have likely still won, they may have safe guarded a few from Lib Dem wins but broadly it's a small move made to recover some PR points for Nige.

Comment

BBC is now helping cover up Johnson gaffes. He laid the wreath upside down yesterday, so bbc news grabbed some 2016 footage and used that instead. I FIND THIS HIGHLY DISTURBING. Not that I watch the bbc anyway.

Comment

WHAT THE ACTUAL...

Comment

Naturally they'd help the party that is most likely to gut them

Comment

Working...
                                X