Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5
    Traditional Chinese/Korean/English Version Confirmed for This Summer!

I think this means there's a release coming out in the East with English text, but it's not a Western release.
    Yes that's how I see it, if it comes out before end August in Japan I'll get one.

Great news well done.

Comment

Earth Defense Force is out right now!

Earth Defense Force 4.1: Wing Diver The Shooter that is. Out now on Steam

D3 Publisher has released Earth Defense Force 4.1: Wing Diver The Shooter worldwide for Windows PC via Steam.View the launch [...]

Comment

No idea if this'll be included in the Western release, but historically, they've sold the DLC separately.

"[Today's delivery] 10 kinds of super-high difficulty mission and more than 35 weapons/weapon of [Earth Defense Forces 5] Large DLC second, additional Mission Pack 2 [Super Challenge] start delivery today!! ※ the DLC will not be delivered automatically. Please download it from PS store to trouble you"

Comment

Dare I say it, but the tardiness of the localization is actually dampening my ardour for this game...

Comment

I won't lie, there's an element of that for me too. When my mind turns to EDF I'm more intrigued by Iron Rain at this point because it's the quieter project and doesn't look quite so similar to 4.1

EDF5 kind of needs to come out immediately

Comment

I agree with both of those last posts, believe it or not.

Half a year localisation delay thus far, closer to a year when it's finally out, no Euro date still and a strong similarity to its predecessor, despite being current-gen only.

Iron Rain is supposed to be out in 2018 too, so they need to think about scheduling a bit better. If it's on-track, IR will be coming out around the same time as EDF5 over here.

I have some Iron Rain updates, so I'll put that there.

EDF 2025 is still in my top 10 ever, so I'm hoping EDF5 will be fun and has a good online community.

Comment

Official US release confirmation!! Or not...? Info in this link seems quite flimsy. I think they may have misconstrued the translation info that QC sleuthed a while back. What say you, fellas?

Comment

This official video says "Summer 2018", so I think it's still coming.

Comment

A new trailer has emerged confirming the western release for EDF5!

Sleep easy QC, you're opportunity to scoop the UK release date remains in play as the trailer only says Coming Soon

Comment

Thank you for the rooting.

My best regards in the future because of holding out along expecting
                      it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

Sleep easy QC, you're opportunity to scoop the UK release date remains in play as the trailer only says Coming Soon
                        I'm just glad it's coming out by this point!

They're so vague about everything!

Comment

Trailer starts, "The Year...2022"

Is that the 'Coming Soon'?

Comment

We also opened the official website (English version.) of the game too. Come join the website and check out the latest contents such as the trailers and wallpapers.

Pre-order deluxe edition ($89.99! :O Standard, $59.99 :O )

Pre-order 'EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5' NOW and receive the followings at launch:

• Pure Decoy Launcher 16 variations set - A special decoy which will dance and sing in the battlefield.
                            • Volcanic Cracker - You can get the Wing Diver weapon and start using it from the beginning and you may only receive this weapon by pre-ordering the game.
                            • Powered Exoskeleton Nix: Gold Coat - A commander machine shining with gold which boarding is admitted only by an early recruit.

CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.

We recommend those freshman soldiers who have high consciousness, to purchase the Deluxe Edition which includes all available contents for EDF 5.

Deluxe Edition includes:
                            • Full Game
                            • Deluxe Edition Bonus Content 1: EDF5 Theme
                            • Deluxe Edition Bonus Content 2: Decoy Launcher [Pale Wing]
                            • Deluxe Edition Bonus Content 3: Star Burst
                            • 12 variations of additional weapons and support arms that will boost the power of each of the ground troops
                            • Two mission packs – Available post launch contains:
                            • Additional mission 1: EXTRA Challenge
                            • Additional mission 2: SUPER Challenge

*Users will be able to receive all DLCs by March 2019.
                            Last edited by QualityChimp; 01-08-2018, 16:00.

Comment

Says December 31st. I'm assuming that's just placeholder...

Deluxe Edition looks pony, by the way.

Comment

The US had some pre-order only / store exclusive weapons for EDF 2025 which were freely given in the EU. Maybe that'll be the case again.

Comment

Working...
                                X