User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    There is also some new information about EDF5, including a new mech and a couple of monsters!

https://www.d3p.co.jp/edf5/edf/vehicles.html

Giant massive weapon against giant
    unloader Varga

The total length is 47 meters. Huge crane of human type.
    It was developed under the initiative of the government assuming cross-linking work.
    Astronomical funds were put in by completion, but
    there are frequent safety and cost problems at the stage of operation.
    It was almost unused and was transferred to EDF.
    Since then, I kept sleeping in the underground warehouse as if I had forgotten the existence, but the
    possibility was found as a weapon against the monster, and it will be readjusted.

Bulga was not developed for military purposes, but by releasing the safety device program it became possible to divert it into weapons.
    Elginus, the treacherous shaking earth, destroying the city, and Arcels. We are the secret of EDF to stop it.

https://www.d3p.co.jp/edf5/primer/index.html
    Invasive alien species alpha

The extraterrestrial life brought in by the heterotransparent civilization we call primer.
    Since high aggression to native organisms has been confirmed, the
    formal designation shall be "invasive alien life alpha" (abbreviated designation "invasive alpha").
    It is about 11 meters in length. Despite the elephant-like giant, it is amazingly agile.
    It is possible to climb vertical walls, and it does not speed up at that time.
    A big fang becomes a weapon in the attack, but what is more terrible is the ability to release a strong acid.
    It was confirmed that the acid was released to a distance of about 100 meters and the metal melted in a few seconds.

Although it seems that acid is produced in the body, acidity and toxicity are not detected from usual body fluids.
    Although the phenomenon that the body fluid splashes when the bullet hits is seen, it seems there is no danger in taking it.
    (There are cases in which several people who took control were exposed to bodily fluids, but no abnormality in physical condition has been reported to date)

Mother Monster (Queen Ant)

A gigantic individual of aggressive organism α discovered in the underground cave. The total length is over 50 meters.
    It is a comparative bigger body than the aggressive organism α of about 10 meters.
    It is thought that it has high combat power because it has been damaged greatly by battle troops.

The biggest problem is that Mother Monster has the ability to produce aggressive organism α.
    Many eggs of aggressive organism α were confirmed from the underground cave. It is thought that all of them were born by Mother Monster.
    If left untreated, it can breed underground and invite irreparable circumstances.
    Also, when a large number of aggressive organisms α are confirmed, there is a possibility that mother monsters are present in the surrounding area. Rapid extermination should be top priority, not to mention surveys.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Looks ****ing epic.
    I'm totalled buzzed, mate.

EDF is easily some of the best co-op gaming I've ever had and I can't wait to get into the new game!

That shooter looks pretty good too.

You gonna get online with me when this comes out?
    You blanked me when I borrowed a mate's PS4 and bought a copy to specifically play with you! Kryss and Katsu were a close second though!

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    EDF is easily some of the best OFFLINE gaming I've ever had and I can't wait to get into the new game!
    Corrected for you!

Thanks for all the info gathering QC, I'm really looking forward to shoving another 700 hrs or so into this.

Suspect I'll be the only one going it alone, would be nice to discuss tactics and things once it gets released.

I'm totalled buzzed, mate.

EDF is easily some of the best co-op gaming I've ever had and I can't wait to get into the new game!

That shooter looks pretty good too.

You gonna get online with me when this comes out?
    You blanked me when I borrowed a mate's PS4 and bought a copy to specifically play with you! Kryss and Katsu were a close second though!
    I only manage to get limited game time on weekends, but I'll definitely dive in if I get the chance.

Colin, you know I'm only pulling your leg, mate. You'll have a great time, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampanman View Post
    Corrected for you!

Thanks for all the info gathering QC, I'm really looking forward to shoving another 700 hrs or so into this.

Suspect I'll be the only one going it alone, would be nice to discuss tactics and things once it gets released.
    Pleasure to do updates. Just waiting for the Western release date. Am I right in thinking you were in Japan and back in the UK? Can you read/speak Japanese? Will you get the Japanese release if so?

I loved 2017, it's what got me into the series, thanks to @prinnysquad's insistence. I mainly resisted because of the lack of online co-op.

When 2025 came out, I was buzzed they'd finally added co-op gameplay (although Insect Armageddon had some great moments too).

The elation of completing a mission together, especially after several retries and weapon changes is immense and when teamwork kicks in, it's so rewarding.

Wing Diver is the most fun to play as you feel like a superhero, but Air Raider was my first character and I loved calling in airstrikes, choppers, tanks, shields and guiding the Fencer's missiles to a target.

You should get a month pass or something and give co-op a try. It's where the game comes into its own.

Pleasure to do updates.
    Well they are very much appreciated.

Pleasure to do updates. Just waiting for the Western release date. Am I right in thinking you were in Japan and back in the UK? Can you read/speak Japanese? Will you get the Japanese release if so?
    I'll probably get the Japanese release as it's out first and am impatient even though it makes more sense to get the western version. I'm based here but the wife was usually over there when it was released previously and would get it from our local Geo (http://geo-online.co.jp/) as we have one not far away though it doesn't really matter as we can just get Amazon.jp to deliver and the mother in law will post it if we aren't there.

Will stick with single player as I don't think I would get as far into the game if I tried multilpayer...I'll leave it there.

Anyway let's hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampanman View Post
    Will stick with single player as I don't think I would get as far into the game if I tried multilpayer...I'll leave it there.
    EDF 2025 was the first one where I felt you had to play co-op in order to make any kind of progress. It got much too hard much too soon for the solo player. Sadly, because of it, I played it much less than it deserved.