This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    I'm too tight to pay the ?10 for what is essentially a bit of metal (HDD cage).

Could use a cardboard wedge I suppose - not like I use my PS3 a lot.
    Believe a golf tee and few other things can be used too, check out Youtube. And agree, the cradle should have been included in the 12gb model from the off.

Comment

I've got a 80GB drive spare that I've been meaning to put in it.

The onboard flash is horribly slow. Not like a fast 12GB SSD solution.

Comment

Work.

I started at the bakery through an agency on a 12 week temp to perm contract about 10 weeks ago. All was going well, then my name was taken off the rota. No explanation why.

There are two departments, production & packing. I moved to packing after a week or so.

It turns out that they have decided to use a different agency in packing now, without telling us. So I got screwed less than a month from going permanent.

Luckily I found out what the other agency is and have signed up with them, so just waiting now to see if I can get my job back.

what makes them think that they can screw people around like that? Do they not realise people have families to provide for? ****ing dickheads.

Comment

Not an irk but... that feeling when you apply for an entry-level job, someone from the company checks out your LinkedIn page and then... nothing.

Sigh. At least a human read it, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            The new CeX is genuinely one of the worst looking websites I have ever seen. It's difficult to look at without being repulsed.
            You can just carpet bomb their survey saying the new site is ****e (which it undoubtedly is)

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
              Work.

what makes them think that they can screw people around like that? Do they not realise people have families to provide for? ****ing dickheads.
              Because businesses don't give a shiny ****e about their workers anymore.

Check out what sports direct, amazon & Tesco have been doing - zero hours contracts, which means they've got u by the b0ll0cks 24/7 & can give u the old heave ho when they feel like it.
              How are people supposed to survive not knowing if they'll even get any work or will be sacked?
              I now see why people would rather be on benefits cos at least its a steady guaranteed amount of cash rather than possibly f*ck all or a few scraps when they feel like handing it out.

A lot of people have no job security at all these days & the Gov wonder why people aren't spending any money!

They need to sort out workers rights & this zero hours contract b0ll0cks before more companies start taking advantage of hard workers

Comment

The youtube ad with the kid nibbling the laptop.

It's ****ing annoying and sounds gross.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                  Because businesses don't give a shiny ****e about their workers anymore.

Check out what sports direct, amazon & Tesco have been doing - zero hours contracts, which means they've got u by the b0ll0cks 24/7 & can give u the old heave ho when they feel like it.
                  How are people supposed to survive not knowing if they'll even get any work or will be sacked?
                  I now see why people would rather be on benefits cos at least its a steady guaranteed amount of cash rather than possibly f*ck all or a few scraps when they feel like handing it out.

A lot of people have no job security at all these days & the Gov wonder why people aren't spending any money!

They need to sort out workers rights & this zero hours contract b0ll0cks before more companies start taking advantage of hard workers
                  Yup. The way I was treated was sickening. Especially after I'd go in, on my days off, at an hours notice, to cover people who were off sick or had just quit.

Comment

Random people keep PM'ing me to ask if I have an AC:NL referal code. I don't even recall posting that I had one.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Have you got an Animal Crossing referral code I can have J0e?

Comment

People, both random and others.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Tapatalk trying to disguise ads for ****ty iOS games as genuine forum posts.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
                            People, both random and others.

Lol I was only messing about J0e. No need to be irked.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Lol I was only messing about J0e. No need to be irked.[/COLOR]
                              J0e Hunter!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                                Work.

I started at the bakery through an agency on a 12 week temp to perm contract about 10 weeks ago. All was going well, then my name was taken off the rota. No explanation why.

There are two departments, production & packing. I moved to packing after a week or so.

It turns out that they have decided to use a different agency in packing now, without telling us. So I got screwed less than a month from going permanent.

Luckily I found out what the other agency is and have signed up with them, so just waiting now to see if I can get my job back.

My advice would be to try and get something somewhere else...ever since the rule came in about taking on temps after 13 weeks came in it has spilt companies into two groups. The (rare) companies who honour it and the (common) companies who magically run out of work at 12 weeks.

You know which kind you were working for so best to go elsewhere if possible!

Comment

Working...
                                X