No announcement yet.

Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, it's set before the original trilogy so Vader is alive and well.
    I gather this film goes on to tell how the rebels got the plans of the Death Star that R2 is given at the start of ANH.

Comment

I'm in the wrong thread then. Too many star wars films coming out. Utter piss take. I'm not a hardcore fan I just like the first 3 so I'm getting confused.

Which is the one that'll have old luke skywalker and harrison ford in it, and will darth vader be alive in that one?

Comment

That's Tales Of The Golden Monkey and, yes, Vader is alive in it but only his head and it is kept alive only via Pot Noodle.

Comment

There will be no Anakin/Hayden Christian in Episode VII as far as Im aware.

I thought Rogue One was set inbetween Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi essentially making this episode 5.5 albeit without the main cast except for some classic villans?

*edit*

Whoops I'm wrong!

Rogue One was the improvised callsign used by a large squad of Rebel Alliance soldiers and recruits that participated in a mission to steal the plans of the Death Star, a moon-sized battle station constructed by the Galactic Empire that could destroy an entire planet or moon. Though the squad succeeded in its mission, none of the team survived; those who didn't die in the resulting Battle of Scarif during their attempt to steal the plans perished when the Empire destroyed the base on Scarif with

And I quote:

. . . is set between the films Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. The plot revolves around a band of resistance fighters uniting to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Galactic Empire's planet-destroying battle station. The theft of the Death Star plans was first referenced in the opening crawl in A New Hope.
          Dont get confused with the "Many Bothans died . . . . " line from episode 6, that was in reference to the Death Star 2!

Comment

A fascinating new rumor from British paper The Daily Mail indicates that the late acting great Peter Cushing will be digitally resurrected for the upcoming “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”. Cushing, who died of prostate cancer in 1994, played Grand Moff Tarkin in the original “Star Wars,” the chief villain of the piece who […]

The filmmakers are said to be digitally recreating Peter Cushing for the film. Presumably he has a more prominent role hence not doing what the end of Episode 3 did and using prosthetics on the guy who played Scorpius in Farscape.

Comment

They should get young Jeff Bridges to play him. He hasn't been in anything since Tron Legacy and it doesn't look like they'll be making another.

Comment

I think he's already stored next to the original Millennium Falcon in that shed near Newport, along with the holy grail, the arc of the covenant, and any acting ability Shia LaBoeuf had before Michael Bay touched him.

Comment

I like the idea of a Star Wars heist movie.
                  I like that Gareth "Godzilla" Edwards is directing (although Gareth "The Raid" Evans would've been amazing).
                  I love that Donnie Yen is on the cast. He got in trouble for Tweeting the new Stormtrooper helmet:
                  [hide][/hide]

Here's the demo reel that won Yen the role in the film:
                  [hide][/hide]

Comment

As we know, J.J. Abrams has gone old school for his upcoming “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” with that film being shot on 35mm and (at least one sequence) on 65mm film. Gareth Edwards’ upcoming “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” spin-off feature is taking things even further old school with The Playlist reporting that […]

Rogue One is being filmed using Panavision 70 anamorphic lenses to give it a super old school look with the exception of some parts which will be filmed in 6K

Comment

A rumour emerges that

Darth Vader will be in the film

Comment

If it's a cameo or small appearance, I don't mind. But like the young Han Solo film, I don't think much good will come from revisiting characters who have had complete stories already.

The thing that I like about the Rogue One concept is that it gives us characters who don't yet have a story or known outcome.

Comment

Well we know one thing about how the plot pans out, that...

Comment

Reference fail!
                            The Bothan thing was for Death Star II

Aah, the original Death Star plans were probably easy to nab then

Comment

Working...
                            X