No announcement yet.

Trainers and stories involving trainers - remember to do pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Jordan 1s are basically modern day Converse Chucks (ironic seeing as Nike now own Converse!) at this point. Not really promoted as sports shoes these days although they can be used for active purposes.

My personal preference is highs over the mids and/or lows but YMMV.

Comfortable and stylish and lots of very nice colorways come out for them.

Comment

I only wear puma suedes but they’re really hard to get hold of in a 9.5. I got some lower end pumas that to the average eye look just like puma suedes, court star or something, but I know they’re not the real deal and I don’t like it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
        Arise!

Wondering if there's anyone here who has some impressions on Jordan 1's?

For nearly 20 years now, the only shoes I wear are Nike Air Force 1's and after getting into running around 8 years ago, I always have a pair of Nike Pegasus's on the go, for walking and summer wear, separate from another pair I use just for running.

--SNIP--
        Daryl? Is that you? Where've you been?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
          Daryl? Is that you? Where've you been?
          I've come over all faint now, did I write that?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            Air Jordan 1s are basically modern day Converse Chucks (ironic seeing as Nike now own Converse!) at this point. Not really promoted as sports shoes these days although they can be used for active purposes.

My personal preference is highs over the mids and/or lows but YMMV.

Comfortable and stylish and lots of very nice colorways come out for them.
            I know it isn't a realistic use of light sport use but I recall hearing when watching The Last Dance that Jordan wore some 1s in a milestone game years later and his feet were bloodied after the game.

May have just been due to wearing new shoes, though. Mine do that when I'm breaking in a new pair of Vans...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              I know it isn't a realistic use of light sport use but I recall hearing when watching The Last Dance that Jordan wore some 1s in a milestone game years later and his feet were bloodied after the game.
              Yup. Watching and seeing MJ explain that on The Last Dance made me wince!

To clarify: I'd probably use (battered) AJ1s for weight training work at the gym (the same way you see people use Chucks) but there's no way I'd use them for HIIT activity - far more comfortable and suitable footwear for that kind of thing nowadays.

Basketball footwear has definitely advanced since 1984!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

May have just been due to wearing new shoes, though. Mine do that when I'm breaking in a new pair of Vans...
                I watched that and it seems that MJ was using one of his first ever pairs of shoes for sentimental reasons, as he knew this would be his last big game. However, he didn’t factor in the shoes were old and his feet had grown since then, so they were now just old, bad fitting shoes.

I don’t think it was because the AJ1’s are so badly made, they made him bleed!

Comment

i got some of these jordans recently in the sale and their the commfyest trainers ive had in a long time

Comment

I watched that and it seems that MJ was using one of his first ever pairs of shoes for sentimental reasons, as he knew this would be his last big game. However, he didn’t factor in the shoes were old and his feet had grown since then, so they were now just old, bad fitting shoes.

I don’t think it was because the AJ1’s are so badly made, they made him bleed!
                    Fair points, but you still don't see modern-day players in the NBA (or any major level of college/HS basketball) rocking modern-day AJ1s on the court. They're just not built for that now. They literally have no cushioning or support for the type of stress that players constantly put on their feet.

At best, it would be AJIVs at earliest that you might see modern players wearing on-court (and even that's rare) because of the Air tech in them and much improved ergonomics.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-05-2023, 11:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      Fair points, but you still don't see modern-day players in the NBA (or any major level of college/HS basketball) rocking modern-day AJ1s on the court. They're just not built for that now. They literally have no cushioning or support for the type of stress that players constantly put on their feet.

At best, it would be AJIVs at earliest that you might see modern players wearing on-court (and even that's rare) because of the Air tech in them and much improved ergonomics.
                      Oh totally. But I think they're good enough for walking and being supportive. Like, the Nike Air Force 1 was designed to be a basketball trainer but I've worn them since I was 16 just for day to day life, rather than to be used for their original purpose, and they're really good. But if I'm walking long distances or running, I put on my Pegasus 39's and immediately feel a difference.

Like how dive watches were designed to work with professional divers but they've long been surpassed, with Divers now using Dive Computers and dickheads like me now wear them while typing an email!

I'm stuck in limbo now; I've picked up the AJ1 Zoom CMFT 2's but customising a pair of AF1's.

Comment

Oh totally. But I think they're good enough for walking and being supportive.
                        Obviously.

That's my point. AJ1s have long stopped being a serious sporting shoe. They're clearly a lifestyle/fashion shoe now and that is clearly how Nike markets them.

Like I said before, they're pretty much this generation's Chucks.

Comment

To trainedheads on here, can you please take a look at this ebay seller and tell me if you'd trust that their wares are genuine?

Comment

I don't know sadly [MENTION=2492]cutmymilk[/MENTION] did you try buying from them in the end?

My time with the Air Jordan 1 was limited, I really didn't like the fit and like a boot, needing to unlace or loosen each time I put in on? Ain't going to happen. I lace up all my shoes so untied or unlaced to a specific height was not great for an everyday shoe so they went back.

Only problem now is delving deep into AJ1's has awakened my pre-existing love of the best sneaker of them all; The Air Force 1. However, I've owned AF1's since I was 16 when I got my first job, so no surprise they fit well. What is a surprise though, is me getting giddy and letting my 2 old pair's go and replacing them with 3 new pairs of varying levels of lairiness.

First is the AF1 Retro colour of the month shoes which are in Speed Yellow and I've been wearing them today. They just blow your socks off in how ****ing bright they are, I'm in love. But not as in love as the one's I've just brought; 40th anniversary AF1 Retro set in white, gum and Pink. Never thought I'll be buying pink shoes but here we are, I'm hitting my 40's so clearly it's mid life crisis in full swing.

And the 3rd pair? I brought a spare pair in Speed Yellow... I'm sorry.
                            Last edited by Wools; 06-07-2023, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                            X