No announcement yet.

Trainers and stories involving trainers - remember to do pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still love my 1st gen reebok Twilight Zone pumps, Nike Internationalists, Nike Air Force 180 pumps, Puma Disc blaze weapons, got like 8 pairs of Nike rifts, too many to mention.

Comment

I'm frightend to wear OG models now. I've got Air Flow and Air Current from 1988 amongst others, which look like I bought them yesterday, but I'm scared to go out in them incase someone steps on them or some other incredibly freakish incident destroys them. I do wear 1987 AM's on a regular basis though I suppose, but they're quite hardy anyway.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I normally wear Merrel leather "things" (somewhere inbetween trainer and shoe).

However, my trainers are (from left back to right and then moving forwards):

Etnies Sunday ----------- Inov-8 345 GTX
        Salamon XA 3D Pro Ultra ----------- adidas Adios Boost (pre-launch pair)
        adidas Energy Boost (from press launch) ----------- adidas adios 2

Comment

I go thru shoes like a bitch when I'm riding my plank, so i need shoes that will take a beating. All I've worn for the last 15 yrs is etnies, emerica & eS.

The vulcanised ones (similar to those converse all stars sole) last about 6 - 10 wks & then the sole is gone & hurt like hell, whereas cupsoles last me about 3 - 5 months.

I'm currently wearing emerica Herman G6's that are comfy as hell, but i sometimes wear my emerica Reynolds 3's /eS Square one's for flexibility too
          Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 27-09-2013, 15:20.

Comment

When I still rode a BMX I lived in DCs and Etnies. Tried the Vans slip-ons once but they wouldn't stay attached to my feet!

Comment

Okay so I scoffed at your love of footwear but I'm about to win the thread. No, not with these, although these are pretty awesome...

No, I'm going to win with these. GLC Hi-Tec Silver Shadows -

Mods, feel free to lock the thread now. We're done.

Comment

Wait... are those yours? lol.
                Love the gold-not-silver....

Comment

J0e is pretty much winning this thread, although your dedication to Nike is limiting you.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    J0e is pretty much winning this thread
                    What?! Did you not see the Silver (gold) Shadows? And yes, they're mine.

Comment

I've got Adidas Gazelle OG, Onitisuka Tiger Mexico '66, and Reebok Insta-Pump Fury too. My feet are quite slim, so I'm unable to wear any Puma, and anything else by the aforementioned brands. Nike generally make one size 11.5 of every Women's model released in Niketown, so I get them if I'm fast enough as they fit me better than a Men's 9, and they're sort of exclusive to me alone.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I really like the converse shoes but they look stupid on my giant feet (well size 12) and I find them too flat to be comfortable.

I pretty much only wear AM90s now...am currently on pair 2 of the 3 I bought in all grey ripstop. Best shoe I have found in years.

Also have a black/white hyperfuse pair i wear in the sunshine.
                        Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 27-09-2013, 16:05.

Comment

When I was at school there were only 2 acceptable types of trainers to be seen in. these:

or these:

Had to be those colours too.

Comment

I've got Nike Vandal in the Terminator colour way, which Kyle Reese steals on the first movie. I might wear them on Monday. My Dad used to wear those Hi-Tec. He had them where you could zip off the high tops to turn them into a low version. I always thought they were pretty badass. He also had a pair of Adidas Stan Smith Torsion. They have never been re-issued, and would probably be worth a fortune now.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                              I really like the converse shoes but they look stupid on my giant feet (well size 12)
                              Pro tip: Try wearing wider laces. The stock thin laces on Converse tend to make them look long.

I got a bit bored of Converse, but I have a similar pair of Etnies that I can't seem to find a picture of online.

Comment

You can get Nike Post Match, which are a lot like All Stars. They're cheap too.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X