No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I could believe that for an initial unveiling, with more detail and more software news to come at E3 later in the year.

Comment

Basically largely repeating the PS4 timeline, makes sense and it's been clear for a long while now that after TLOU2 that the PS4 is done as far as exclusives go.

Comment

Another day another rumor. Apparently the GPU is very powerful.

Comment

I would hope a console due out next year has a GPU comparable to a RTX 2070 from 2018.

Comment

Yeah, and given the RTX line was a bit of a disappointment it suggests that given these are out in late 2020 we're looking at something along the lines of current gen where they're fine for the job but PC's will very quickly outpace them. It also suggests that unless Sony and MS have implemented some key changes then their ray tracing claims can be largely set aside as any use of it will be minimal for the most part and 4K/60fps is out of reach for most games next gen too.

Comment

PC will always outpace consoles. The idea of PC vs Console has been outdated for generations.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                I would hope a console due out next year has a GPU comparable to a RTX 2070 from 2018.
                Can't wait, both consoles are going to be beasts.

Comment

Sony pushes back against Microsofts First Party moves by announcing they've done what some probably thought they'd done back in the PS2 era - They've purchased Insomniac Games as a first party developer. Riding off the back of their success with Spider-Man, expect a new Ratchet and Clank game in... 3... 2... 1...

Comment

I've said it before... I don't like it when Sony or MS buy companies. Its bad for the consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I've said it before... I don't like it when Sony or MS buy companies. Its bad for the consumer.
                      I mostly agree but I do think it can mean we get better games on those platforms. At least EA didn’t buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        expect a new Ratchet and Clank game in... 3... 2... 1...
                        Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        At least EA didn’t buy them.
                        "Get the new Ratchet game! Pre-order now for the Ratchet costume pack or get the Ultimate Collector's edition with Clank DLC!"

Comment

Them buying Insomniac is an alright one, they've been so close to Sony for so long that it's amazing it took this long and they've struggled to do well away from them so it'd be more likely they went under without getting under Sony's wing than anything else.

Comment

Apparently this is the design of the dev kit. I don't believe it for a second. I thought dev kits tend to be the guts of the console shoved in a PC base unit.

Comment

Lol. Uh...no.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                I personally HATE having exclusives for the PS4 that aren't available on every device including my toaster, HATE IT. Its outrageous that Sony have spent 100m's of dollars making games like God of War and i cannot buy it for $5 in the steam sale.

I am going to protest this fact by quitting social media, i'm making a stand against this oppressive tyranny.

Comment

Working...
                                X