#4ThePlayers since 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#4ThePlayers since 1995

Nice video from Sony, past, present & future, http://www.google.de/url?q=http://ww...0KwBSxzW3lPDLQ

quite enjoyed that brought back memories fond memories, of gaming past

thought it might be nice to share some of my own

I was at college when the ps1 came out tekken was the first game i got, and i spent many an evening sat in my room playing it with friends. When the ps2 came out i had my own house and a room set up just for games including a sofa widescreen tv and tons of system old and new all hooked into a scart block lol.

The ps3 saw the move of video gaming to the lounge as hdmi became a must, the little boy that came along meant the games room got turned into a bedroom too and car boots and ebay saw off most of my games collection with room only for current systems in a house full of baby paraphernalia.

Comment

Outstanding.

Comment

Its an excellent video, also notice how they worked Y2K celebrations into it.

I do find RE4 to be a bit weird though, it wasn't a true Playstation game like the others.

Comment

Yeah resi 4 is a GameCube game! it Should of been someone 'killin hoes' in GTA

Comment

Resi 4 is a Capcom game.

Comment

The still picture used on C&VG with the guy putting his hand into the ps1 reminded me of the trick with the pen spring used to play import games played pal doom on my US ps1 this way

Comment

Good video but I think it highlights the fact that true Playstation games are missing from the PS4 launch. No exclusives like Tekken and Ridge Racer

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                  Good video but I think it highlights the fact that true Playstation games are missing from the PS4 launch. No exclusives like Tekken and Ridge Racer
                  Times do have changed after all. Both IP are pretty much dead and placed into the F2P corner. And I also stopped buying fighting games for full buck myself too long ago. They're not worth it anymore imo.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Resi 4 is a Capcom game.
                    That it may be but it will always be a GameCube game to me as that was its first home and how I first played it when it was reinventing resident evil.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                      Times do have changed after all. Both IP are pretty much dead and placed into the F2P corner. And I also stopped buying fighting games for full buck myself too long ago. They're not worth it anymore imo.
                      I think you're missing the point. There are no quality JP developed exclusives which is a marked difference.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      That it may be but it will always be a GameCube game to me as that was its first home and how I first played it when it was reinventing resident evil.
                      This. The gamecube version still looks impressive today (in 480p). I don't think that's true of the PS2 version (then or now). Shadow of the Colossus would have been better in that section, IMO.

Comment

PS2 version still looks superb. Hardly any different to Cube. You could also argue the first 3 Resi games and more games in the franchise appeared on Playstation console. Also Resi 4 sold more on PS2 and many gamers played it there first.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                          This. The gamecube version still looks impressive today (in 480p). I don't think that's true of the PS2 version (then or now). Shadow of the Colossus would have been better in that section, IMO.
                          The PS2 version was pretty grotesque in comparison.

Comment

Except that is wasn't.

Comment

yay timewarp PlayStation 2 vs Gamecube whoooa,

while on the subject can you name the time travel related film

"be excellent to one another"

"its your kids Marty something has to be done about your kids"

"I told you, I blew a fuse when I totaled that electrical tower. I was checking out some daisies."

"I need your clothes, your boots & your motorcycle"

"I can't stop eating. I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat. It's a vicious cycle. Now, if you'll excuse me, there's someone I'd like to get in touch with and forgive... myself. "
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 22-10-2013, 08:32.

Comment

Working...
                              X