London Has Fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Has Fallen

Avi Lerner’s Millennium Films is set to produce and finance “London Has Fallen,” a sequel to this year’a surprise action hit “Olympus Has Fallen” which grossed $161 million worldwide on a modest budget. The story deals with a plot to strike at London during the funeral of the British Prime Minister. Only the President Of […]

Title seem familiar? It should, this is the sequel that's in development to this years hit Olympus Has Fallen. Dealing with an attack during the Prime Ministers funeral, this follows the same US characters who get embroiled in the assault. Filming starts next year so possible release the year after. The premise sounds ropey but I really enjoyed the first so not ruling it out.

I'd pay good money to see it if they film a funeral for David Cameron.

Comment

Focus Features has acquired US distribution rights to “London Has Fallen,” the upcoming sequel to FilmDistrict’s 2013 action-thriller “Olympus Has Fallen”. Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Angela Bassett and Radha Mitchell return for the film which will score a nationwide release on October 2nd 2015. The story begins in London where the British Prime […]

Releasing 2nd October 2015

Comment

Nicely timed, the first poster is out

Comment

Second trailer is up:

Comment

Jesus Christ this looks terrible, when will hollywood realise we dont all see the septics tanks as heroes and good guys?

Comment

"America will destroy you"

Comment

New poster:

Comment

So, just got back from watching this despite it getting shredded in reviews. I stuck it out as I do enjoy the original and it too didn't get great reviews. So, rule number 1 with the sequel.

If you didn't enjoy Olympus Has Fallen don't bother

It's very much a continuation with most things ramped up. It also isn't as good as the first one.

However, I've seen more than enough action films across the high to low budget scale to know that there's a difference between a weak action film and a weak one with no entertainment value. Olympus Has Fallen was a low budget affair which hid as much of that as it could behind its cast and the setting, playing up to the Die Hard style scenario and it mostly worked for it. London Has Fallen makes the critical mistake of thinking bigger equals better and what you get is long sequences where the budget is woefully below their ambitions with some of the worst movie CG I've seen in a good while.

It is however breezy. I took OHF as a one off action packed bit of guilty pleasure, LHF isn't as good but sometimes it's just nice to see a new straight up action film where the lead is effective at what he does and the film still delivers on that. It's plot is utter nonsense, effects weak and it's a step back but I still kind of enjoyed it for what it is even if many won't.

Comment

Working...
                  X