No announcement yet.

Randomised Gaming Retro Videos & Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Randomised Gaming reached 1000 subscribers this weekend and to celebrate we took a look at the PlayStation 2 version of Sega Rally Championship time. M2 did a great job of emulating the arcade original on PS2, really wish they had converted a few more games.

Comment

There going to be quite a few Saturn videos on the channel over the next week or two.

Recent one I wanted to show is Z from the Bitmap Brother, any fans of the PC version here? Got both a Sega Saturn & PlayStation port which holds up fairly well for the time. It's a fast paced RTS as the key to victory really is the first few minutes. No expansion levels for the console version.

Comment

High Velocity Mountain Racing Challenge, most will know it by the Japan name of Touge King The Spirits. One of those racers that still has a lot of charm on the Saturn even if the engine has aged. You don't see mountain racers these days anyone know any good modern takes?

Comment

Another light gun video and this time it's House of the Dead, what might have been if Sega had done the port themselves. I still remember all the letters Saturn magazine got about the game looking awful.

Last edited by S3M; 14-05-2018, 10:56.

Comment

Although the house of the Dead looks like crap on the Saturn, I still think it plays really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Although the house of the Dead looks like crap on the Saturn, I still think it plays really well.
              Largely the arcade gameplay is intact, Magician isn't right however as he moves at a much slower speed in the Saturn version, partly due to the frame rate and slowdown present.

One for the Tetris fans today with Tetris Plus on Sega Saturn, certainly one of the better Tetris games out there has a lot more character than many of the other games:

Comment

Couple of recent Sega Saturn videos include a look at Croc:

And both sides of the C&C war this is the GDI Saturn gameplay:

Comment

So couple of videos last week a short and long look at Mystaria The Realms of Lore an under rated tactical RPG.

Also Gundam, don't think there's many fans of the series here, but most people have no doubt heard of it. Gundam Battle Assault 2 a great one on one fighter, who doesn't like giant robots anyway.

Comment

Some more Saturn content this week, it's all building to new video, which is taking far long to do than I think anyone had planned,

So been looking at some of the best and worse Saturn titles out there start with the terrible Congo The Movie (One game you can see why it stayed in the USA and to think Sega Published this!

Golden Axe fans might not have liked the fact it wasn't a scrolling best'em up, but The Duel was still very enjoyable:

Comment

Is the Xbox360 retro yet? Well here's a look at both OutRun and OutRun 2, two legends of driving games. Might be a controversial opinion, but these days I think OutRun 2 is the better games over the original, just a bit more forgiving and more interesting to play. Downside with the 360 version is it only had the OutRun 2 SP tracks in it. Both games are a must own for any driving fan. OutRun uses the Saturn's arranged soundtrack featured in the Japanese version only.

Comment

Real blast from the past this week with the SNES port of Bombuzal, one of those old puzzle games that just doesn't get much love in modern times:

Also Unreal Tournament a PC FPS classic and still one of the best if not the best arena shooter made:

Comment

We took a look one of of those recent retro re-issues last week, does the job and saves you money, but is it as good as the original cart? For me no, but great way to start collecting, this is the Jaleco Brawler Pack. It's also the first official release of Rushing Beat Shura in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                            Real blast from the past this week with the SNES port of Bombuzal, one of those old puzzle games that just doesn't get much love in modern times:
                            As much as I know that some people really liked the home computer versions, I remember thinking the SNES port is a really dull game. There's just something boring and lacking about the whole thing. I'm sure it ended up being a 'bargain bin' sort of game in import shops.

I tend to like puzzle games, but Bombuzal didn't gel with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              As much as I know that some people really liked the home computer versions, I remember thinking the SNES port is a really dull game. There's just something boring and lacking about the whole thing. I'm sure it ended up being a 'bargain bin' sort of game in import shops.

I tend to like puzzle games, but Bombuzal didn't gel with me.
                              To be fair just about every puzzle game tended to end up in the bargain bin. Puzzle games are an interesting genre as they often differ so wildly between one another, no one will like everything.

If the PS3 retro yet, will likely not seeing as it's still getting games release on it, that said 2007 certainly feels retro to me, which is where Dark Mist come from this is The Depths of Darkness version which includes the DLC not released in Europe or America. Great title that just doesn't get mentioned that much.

Comment

To be fair just about every puzzle game tended to end up in the bargain bin. Puzzle games are an interesting genre as they often differ so wildly between one another, no one will like everything.
                                I just remember it as being an early Super Famicom game that you'd see in bargain bins. But you are right - even great puzzle games like Puyo Puyo ended up being really cheap compared to games in other genres.

If the PS3 retro yet, will likely not seeing as it's still getting games release on it, that said 2007 certainly feels retro to me, which is where Dark Mist come from this is The Depths of Darkness version which includes the DLC not released in Europe or America. Great title that just doesn't get mentioned that much.
                                Well, that's a retro-inspired game, so it's not like you're calling MotorStorm a retro game.

Comment

Working...
                                X