No announcement yet.

MCU: Jessica Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks to be in the same vein as Daredevil in terms of approach, so whilst I don't have that much interest in the character I'm sure she'll be handled really well and the villan looks immense. Not a major fan of Tennant but he's well suited to play the purple man. Dare I say this will be even darker in tone than Daredevil?

Comment

Watched the first two last night.

Slow burner. Moody. I like.

Comment

Yeah very different from all the other stuff. Much more overarching plot driven rather than individual episodes. Nice change.

Comment

Is it better than Daredevil?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Is it better than Daredevil?
            I liked Daredevil but I feel this could be better.

Comment

I found Daredevil a bit too much focused on the violence and not enough on the characters. I just didn't care about them. Even Arrow had me caring more about them. I'll still watch the next season of Daredevil I reckon though. But so far JJ has got me caring about everyone. There someone close to her that gets in danger in the 2nd episode and I was pretty scared for them.

Comment

Well that's exactly what I wanted to hear, Charles. I loved the atmosphere of Daredevil and it was well made but I didn't finish it because, ultimately, I found I had no reason to care. Will give this a go.

Comment

And

DAVID TENNANT

is the bad guy!

Comment

Up to episode 5. This is bloody brilliant. Daredevil is utter tripe in comparison. The bad guy is portrayed quite brilliantly.

Comment

His powers don't work over the phone. I wonder how they do work.

Comment

So glad I decided to give this series a try. By far my favourite piece of television this year and great to see a certain Brit actor in an awesome role.

Charles -

I was thinking maybe he has to make eye contact with the victim for the mind control to take effect? Or maybe it's a certain radius of influence he has?

Comment

In episode 5 (so do not click spoiler if you haven't seen episode 5) where he says to

the paper/magazine vendor - "Pick up that coffee. Throw it in your face" was just amazing. He's absolutely terrifying. A remorseless, abusive psychopath.

. I don't think I've ever seen a character quite like this before.

Comment

If you keep watching Fader209, you will find out.

As others have said on here, a great Marvel show and shows what they could do in some of their films even if they weren't targetting the family-friendly age ratings all the time.

Comment

He seems like small potatoes in comparison with most of the world-threatening villains the MCU has seen but the fact that

Kilgrave is a serial rapist (and has obviously justified that to himself- "I don't like that word") somehow pushes him into even more nefarious territory for me.

Comment

Found how his powers work. Pretty intense episode, especially after the "hero" stuff in the previous one

Comment

Working...
                                X