This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Johnson is the new PM.

I still cannot understand how we've managed to reach this point.

Comment

So... what happens now?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        So Johnson is the new PM.

I still cannot understand how we've managed to reach this point.
        I literally read that as "...managed to reach this vomit."

Had to do a double take

Comment

Other than having a fresh dose of poison in power I think a lot of hard Brexiteers are in for an immense dose of disappointment if they think anything has really changed.

Comment

It was always going to be Boris. I really don't know what kind of PM he's going to be. He seems incredibly out of touch with the real people (not unusual for Torys) and talks a lot of hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              So... what happens now?
              End days

Comment

So... what happens now?
                We actually become Fawlty Towers.

Comment

So... what happens now?
                  We remove the title of Great from Great Britain?

Comment

We are all losers.

Or at least feel like one

Comment

May is now done after her last PMQs whilst Phillip Hammond has also tendered his resignation in light of Boris' success.

Comment

Johnson is a lardarsed phoney. Read what Max Hastings has to say about him. He’s an absolute weapon and unfit for purpose.

Comment

If you don't think we're heading for a No Deal Brexit now after the cabinet appointments, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            If you don't think we're heading for a No Deal Brexit now after the cabinet appointments, you're not paying attention.
                            Don’t worry I wasn’t.

Comment

Listening to analysis of the cabinet announcements on LBC last night they set up a scenario and as each post was announced it aligned with their projected scenario more and more. The scenario was that Boris has gone in hard on No Deal because it's what would unite the most troublesome elements of his own party at a time that he needed the support to become PM. Now that he's in power he's consolidating that by putting pro-Leavers in key posts but at the same time knows he'll never get No Deal on 31 October through because he'll never get to that date without enough of a push against him and his government. Essentially, he hasn't put together a No Deal cabinet instead putting together a cabinet based on the assumption that he's going to end up enduring a General Election that will force the 31 October.

The idea is that Boris will campaign on a heavy Pro-Leave stance but making all this movement now makes a clear false image that he's at least given it a go of Brexit but timing and circumstances worked against him.

However, in the discussion they also said that Boris would hope to fix the dysfunctional minority government seats they have but would likely fail in the GE to do so leaving the only solution being a coalition with the Brexit Party which they've so far ruled out. Reversing that stance would resolve the impass and Brexit would happen but likely a little further down the line Boris would see the UK fracture with NE and Scotland at risk and the Tories would likely see a collapse of support because they'd be in bed with what is fundamentally the rebranded racist UKIP party.

When it comes to a General Election they suggested that the way things are Labour would be a real concern to Boris because it's doubtful the public see's Corbyn as being the all mighty evil PM in waiting that MP's try to make him out as being but there's little to suggest Corbyn can fix the parties current struggles so a lot would rest on the strength of a Labour/Lib Dem coalition having more seats than a Tory/Brexit one.

I suppose a lot would depend on whether the SNP could see themselves fit to get off their high horse as a one off too in order to secure a Remain, if temporary, government.

But yeah, they thought a General Election was looking the likeliest next event

Comment

I have been totally removed from this for the last month or more (mostly as nothing seemed to be happening). What becomes the default scenario as the time runs out? I mean, what stops a No Deal on Oct 31 if no other situation is put in place? Won’t you just crash out eventually due to lack of options (and especially given that’s what Boris and his cronies want)?

Comment

Working...
                                X