No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 6 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now unlocked the track on my other PS3. Took a couple of attempts to Gold it there. The other two cars to use are the Scirocco R and the 288GTO. If you rely on the braking lines, they are, pretty much, a waste of time. Just use them as a rough guide. The AI has a nasty tendency to get in your way which has a detrimental effect on your time. Overall, a superb addition to the game. Once you do the three Rally evnts, there is no other way to earn money with the track.

Track length in "English" is 16.78 miles.

Maybe there will be the occasional Seasonal to utilize the track.

Comment

V1.14 is here. About a 500Mb download. There is a new Vison GT car from Subaru with the accompanying Seasonal. There is a fourth event at the new long track. The BMW M4 (normal and the Frozen Black version) can now be fully upgraded. There is a "Performance" version of the M4 to buy (not sure what differences there are in terms of handing).

The News and Updates section is revamped and you have to go through all the messages to register them as read (all 64 though it it doesn't take too long).

There is a new Community section where you can join a Club and race for it. I presume you can also set one up.

On my RogsR35Uk account I had to re-download all (300+!) car thumbnails for the Garage which took a while (played on the Xbox One while that was happening). I'll need to check RogsR34UK to see if I need to do the same (over 400 cars there!).

Comment

So, we are up to Version 1.15. Size of around 500Mb... I think!! Two new Vision GT cars to obtain. The Infiniti (reasonably straightforward drive) and the Chaparral 2X (too fast for my taste in terms of handling - just as well it doesn't have to be a clean lap to win it).

Thge game will now save your Sort Order. There is also a new sort option of Mileage Driven... or at least there would be if it worked properly. I tried it on my two main accounts (RogsR34UK and RogsR35UK) and the mileage of the starter Fit was (probably) OK. Unfortunately all the other cars had 0 miles on them. I am guessing there may be another update before too long!

There are some Christmas Special Seasonals for some bonus cash if you complete them all (harder than normal apparently so that's me out!). The first this week and the second next week. I assume the first ones will be available tomorrow.

Comment

I logged in yesterday was this update this morning? Need to get on again bought the GTR 2014 plus had a whiz around 2014 Suzuka Circuit. Cheers for the info on the stuff wanna try the Christmas seasonals, did an Intermediate Seasonal with Lotus Evora and came first yesterday. Saw the GT Community stuff which looked interesting if more people were playing on my friends list. They should use the same structure stuff for GT7 but shame they staggered so much stuff for Gt6.

Comment

I had the update when I started the game today (yesterday). I do start it every day.

Comment

At least there is a News item saying they are working on the mileage bug. I wonder how log it will take to fix.

Comment

Up to V1.19 now. The final round of GT Academy went live this morning. You need a Bronze on each round to progress to the next.

For the final two rounds you get a car when you complete the lap. A '13 Zytek LMP (2, I presume) and for the final round the '15 GTR Nismo Le Mans car, the front wheel drive one. You get to drive the latter on Le Sarthe and I must say it was rather nice to drive. Easy enough to get a Bronze for some extra cash.

Comment

Also rather nice to see cars given away for a Gold on Seasonal Races recently. OK I suppose, provided you don't already have them.

Comment

After over a year of playing Forza 5 and the disappointment of Project Cars I've gone back to playing this. I thought it would have aged badly in that time but for a last generation game it still holds up well. Classic GT presentation and high detail car models still impress today and it has a much deeper single player than Forza. Yes it has its flaws but it's what GT5 should have been. I'd like to know how far off GT7 is before I play too much more of this again
                    Last edited by MarioMark; 05-06-2015, 21:18.

Comment

GT7 has got to be a long way off full release. Would expect a demo/few cars and tracks PSN version around this time next year for GT Academy, they can't go back to using the PS3 game again surely two and half years after the PS4 launched.

Comment

I have been playing this rather a lot as I wanted my American account on my sliding disk slot PS3. Have completed all the licenses and a fair number of the races. Bought the VGT cars I missed on that account. Over 20 million credits in hand. I have the 2 GtT Academy cars there. Just means I do three bonus runs a day! US and my main UK accounts (R34 and my + R35).

Comment

V1.20 is there. The three SRT VGT cars are there. Goodwood has the 2015 version which is used instead of the old version, though the old version is in the Arcade and Free Run. There are Seasonals for the SRT's and a Goodwood run in the Mazda VGT (so you can get another. Of the four VGT Seasonals, only the slowest SRT is a participation prize. For the others you need to finish at least 3rd. The fastest SRT is on the 'Ring with a 6 minute Bronze time (5 minutes for Gold).

I bought the fast SRT and tried it on the Route X oval in Free Run. Recorded a 2:50, topping out at 410 mph! The "slow" one was good for 310 mph on the same track. With the SRT's, R1 reduces the wings effect, to boost speed.

Comment

Working...
                          X