Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Trailer from E3 looks mega, but what are you supposed to do?
    Well you er, you can, you know, look about a bit. DISCOVER! Yes, it's all about discovering!
    Good point. Make a game out of this.

I have the same concerns with Sui Generis (which I backed). Awesome tech but is there a game?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Well you er, you can, you know, look about a bit. DISCOVER! Yes, it's all about discovering!
      Good point. Make a game out of this.

I have the same concerns with Sui Generis (which I backed). Awesome tech but is there a game?
      trailer shows dog fighting, exploring and resources so logically it follows the elite template explore fight survive and upgrade, i doubt they will attach a story to it, I'm getting more of a open ended make your own adventure type vibe from the devs.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 10-06-2014, 15:11.

Comment

Will there be a fast-travel option?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          trailer shows dog fighting, exploring and resources so logically it follows the elite template explore fight survive and upgrade, i doubt they will attach a story to it, I'm getting more of a open ended make your own adventure type vibe form the devs.
          My post made on info obtained from a friend's comments about the video. That'll teach me* to watch things myself next time before posting!

*it probably won't teach me.

Comment

As long as you have to dock with rotating space stations manually for a while until you can afford autodock, I'm happy. Kids these days need to go through that. Character building.

Comment

As long as you have to dock with rotating space stations manually for a while until you can afford autodock, I'm happy. Kids these days need to go through that. Character building.
              Lol gets my vote! Those were the days.

Comment

Sounds like you'd enjoy Kerbal space station

Comment

This looks more interesting and aesthetically better than Star Citizen, to me.

Edit: I wonder how the game saves (if it does) all the random generated planets people have discovered.
                  Last edited by Profit; 12-06-2014, 01:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                    This looks more interesting and aesthetically better than Star Citizen, to me.

Edit: I wonder how the game saves (if it does) all the random generated planets people have discovered.
                    Maybe nothing is ever the same on return of a planet. Constantly procedurally generating everything. Otherwise after visiting the first planet there wouldn't be enough memory in the hard drive to keep track of everything.

Comment

Did they shorten some of the video sequences as it takes too short a time to get from the atmosphere to surface and visa versa, a detail like that would break it for me. If you can just fly straight down in 3 seconds then that's just rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        Did they shorten some of the video sequences as it takes too short a time to get from the atmosphere to surface and visa versa, a detail like that would break it for me. If you can just fly straight down in 3 seconds then that's just rubbish.
                        No the planets are just very small by the looks of it, possibly to keep the performance up.

Comment

Comment

This reminds me of Damocles on the Amiga/Atari ST. Rather a lot. That's a good thing. Albeit a more beefed up version.

Comment

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Looks so free, yet so "exhausting" with no motive to play except exploration. But then again, I don't know too much of the gameplay except what I have seen in videos.

Comment

I was excited to play this but now my interest is really waning.

Comment

Working...
                                X