Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    All true Dogg.

Being short of time for gaming allows be to be super selective I guess. Free stuff for pre-order? I'll get it used a year from now. Extra stuff or early access for buying deluxe version? Same. Game unfinished? Nope. Developer blatantly lied weeks from release? I'll never buy one of your products. And my #1...

Put paid DLC option in the game and invite me to buy it to save an NPC and thus continue a side story? I'll just pirate all the DLC you EA scumbags lol.
    EA have never learnt.
    I remember playing NFS Most Wanted, no word of a lie I physically hit a paywall.
    They had patched in a new airport area onto the map, which was accessible through a tunnel and if you didn’t own it there was a locked barrier and when you hit it a screen would come up and say, would you like to purchase the DLC?
    I vividly remember I was chasing a car and it took a turn into this area, as I was chasing it, bamn I hit a paywall.
    Classic EA.

Comment

Really? I thought the dragon age one was an isolated incident, at least at that level of ****tiness!

Comment

Yeah I think I may have shouted about it on here on some thread a hundred years ago.
        EA at that time with online pass, season pass and DLC DLC DLC.
        I would love to fire it up again to have a look, actually loved Most Wanted, it was the Burnout Paradise 2 that we all wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post

Anyway, No Man’s Sky...
          I enjoyed it on PS4 but found the inventory management too much of a grind after a while. Looking forward to revisiting it on the Xbox.

Comment

The core game loop hasn't changed

It's got missing resource files.

There are broken animations on the space ship (cockpit is continually closing).

And when it crashed to desktop I decided to end my journey with No Man's Sky Next.

I'm sure there might be some fun to be had with co-op base building, but there are games on PC that do this far better already.

Comment

My freighter has massive holes in it that I fell through not once, but twice and died. I reloaded my original save to carry on. I'm going to get a new freighter as I have the inventory space as ALL THE TECHNOLOGY I HAD IS OBSOLETE.

No Man's Sky - restarting your game every update.

Comment

restarted my with a new save as well to experience the slightly different repair items for the ship, also a promising start on a toxic rain planet which during the cutscene talk ticked away my entire shield and almost killed me, luckily a cave was near by recover in... then got to enjoy the stop/start of putting up with toxic storms every 5 minutes which kills my shields in 10 seconds.

playing on a ps4 pro with the new graphics which don't remember being much different outside the cloud cover, new looking interiors for the space stations and 3rd person graphics/animation.. all which tank the framerate dipping it below 30fps often. Going to stick with it long enough to get a frigate and try out the space battles.

Comment

Sounds like more unfinished garbage.

Comment

I do get they've actually put proper time in this since the launch fiasco but I'm calling it. Devs!...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      I do get they've actually put proper time in this since the launch fiasco but I'm calling it. Devs!...
                      They probably will. Now the PlayStation exclusivity is over and the Xbox One version is out, they can only try and monitise this game with DLC and/or MTX. Or move on to something else, if they haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
                        They probably will. Now the PlayStation exclusivity is over and the Xbox One version is out, they can only try and monitise this game with DLC and/or MTX. Or move on to something else, if they haven't already.
                        I'm not totally sure they will. They sold literally millions of copies at near full-whack as a tiny dev team. The smart thing to do there is to wind up the company. You could start other companies with the proceeds, but you could ringfence the profits from that game.

Comment

GOG has offered an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man's Sky.

Regardless of when you've bought the game from them, you have until next Sunday to request a full refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            I'm not totally sure they will. They sold literally millions of copies at near full-whack as a tiny dev team. The smart thing to do there is to wind up the company. You could start other companies with the proceeds, but you could ringfence the profits from that game.
                            Just to be clear, I was saying I don't think they will be that commited to NMS moving forward. I don't think this is a GaaS situation, i.e. a Warframe or Fortnite that organically keeps growing and growing. I think the Xbox version and the huge sums of money coming in gave them the luxury to not have to worry about doing other work. We are on the same page.

There probably is still a market for their games. I'm not sure they have to wind up the company although releasing games under a new brand is possible. Equally there probably is a market for a sequel to NMS.

Comment

Gogog!

Good old good old games, putting customer first. They should be supported in preference to steam whenever you are able.

Comment

Another big update to No Mans Sky. I have to give credit to them for sticking it out and constantly adding stuff.

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-11-2018, 15:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X