No announcement yet.

2013 Christmas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a nice 1.5 hour paid nap from my boss tonight. Better than me having called in sick is what I told her.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mine started out as the worst in living memory as I had to leave my sleeping family at home and head off to work at 6 in the morning, where my task for the day was pulling up weeds in an area infested with Black Widow spiders. I felt like I was being punished for something I did in a previous life.

Got home at 6pm and my daughter was asleep, but after she woke up and we started opening prezzies it soon turned into one of the best in living memory. Her reactions to every gift were amazing, so glad she enjoyed the day as much as I'd hoped. (and that I didn't get hospitalized from deadly spider bites)

Comment

Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy new year to all.

Comment

Seasons greetings to one and all!

Comment

Happy Christmas you buggers!

Had some choice moments with the kids today, but christ on a bike I've overeaten massively. I'm just seeping gas from both ends.

Comment

Heh, me too and I'm not done yet. Was a good day overall. I'm exhausted though.

Comment

Nintendo Network issues stopped me from trying to WiiU chat with my family so I slept on the sofa instead. Got up and went to bed about 10.45. I got a message from my friend at about 12 asking if she could come over and hang out, so she came over and we spent the afternoon watching movies. I made dinner, we watched Muppet Christmas Carol and most of Serendipity. An enjoyable evening was had by all

Comment

A usual things went wrong. Meat didn't cook properly so Maiko was in and out, mostly in the kitchen until half 8. Spent no time as a family and was a waste of a day.

We have decided that neither of us really care about stupid traditions and will have a curry or something next year.

Comment

Pretty much the way my mother has gone unless there are relatives visiting, but even then she cooks the turkey and preps the veg the day before so only has to faff around with a few bits.

Comment

We can't really be arsed with the old turkey dinner thing in my family. For the main meal yesterday we had my mums home made Scottish steak pie which was absolutely delicious.

Comment

I want me some of that!

Comment

Happy Christmas all, hope you had a good day yesterday.

Comment

We had a really good Christmas! I got married on Christmas Eve, so it was our first Christmas officially as a family. Really pleased, managed to get plenty of presents under the tree (something my wife has never really experienced, being Japanese) so she was like a little kid waking up in the morning!

Also managed to cook a proper Christmas dinner, with some help from ingredients posted from the UK. A roast chicken (given to us by my mother-in-law, pre-cooked whole chicken that just needed heating - maybe an idea for some people here), vegetables, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, mince pies, Christmas puddings with cream, and a proper Christmas cake. It was really great to do it with my wife who has only ever really known the Japanese-style Christmas (KFC etc.).

Comment

Hope you all had a great day! I've not had the best few weeks myself so have not had much in the way of Christmas joy, but hopefully things will pick up in the new year!

I did get to do the Christmas swim though for the first time, which was nice (and cold).

Not my video, but I'm in there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X