No announcement yet.

Bravely Default - 3DS review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the jobs that seem useless early on, become more useful towards the end, there's a few fights where you'll get punished and wipe in one turn (even with Default and buffs) for just spamming attack, and this is at level 99 with all jobs mastered. Love the game though, It seems I accidentally

finished the game after Chapter 5 by breaking the 4th crystal, so had missed three more rounds.

Comment

I'm on a clock count of 22 hours somewhere in chapter three. I don't know if I'm behind but I think I'm a little over levelled. I finished Norende before I even finished chapter one...

btw ye added you fuse. Mine is 3239-3308-3799.
      Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 21-01-2014, 00:39.

Comment

I am just coming up to the fourth temple and don't want to bugger things up. Anyone able to help me?

I saw from Rep's post you can screw things up here so wanted to avoid this - how do I do it? I see as well I now also have a side-quest for the Vampire's Castle, but a quick attempt any of the six stone plinth dragon bastards would suggest I am woefully underpowered... Can I put this off for a while?

Feels weird having a question for a game like this and not having to consult Super Play

Comment

you can do the vampire castle any time you want after it becomes available.
          i would also recommend that you do the 4th temple same way as 1-3 all the way up to chapter 8 that way you'll get the full story and unlock a bonus dungeon with very useful items in it.
          grind off the undead in the desert to as they give really good exp/pg per hr.

i completely 100%ed the game at max job levels for my team and character levels of 80.

i found the game absolutely stunning good oldschool fun ever so slightly ruined by the fact that about 90% of the game you can just default times 3 then all out attack with the odd cure and destroy everything.

one of the very early unlocked jobs becomes extremely op.
          Last edited by mugetsu; 23-01-2014, 10:39.

Comment

I am around 14 hours in on chapter 2 now and it's great. Undecided on the ally support feature though. On one hand it does give you an advantage in boss battles but it also helps to compensate if you don't have the correct jobs levelled up.

Also took a gamble on the Angel Bow and that decimated all for a few hours!

Comment

Spoilers please peeps! Only up to chapter 3 and loving it, but afraid to read anymore after the first line of mugetsu's post...

Comment

Started this last night and couldn't pull myself away after 3 and a half hours. What an absolute gem of a game.

Why SE didn't call this Final Fantasy is beyond me? This would help give the Final Fantasy name a bit of much needed credit. This is the kind of RPG we need on XBO/PS4 instead of all the fancy crap we got on PS3/360.

Comment

Exactly what I was saying to my mate who's also playing this. This is the best RPG I've played since P4G.

Comment

Would be interested to hear how you feel about it once you're finished / further in. I was very positive earlier on but I'm not sure I like how things are panning out currently.

Comment

I'm near the end of chapter 3 after 30 hours. Level 38ish and just unlocked the performer class, if that helps give you an indication.

That's one thing I like about this game- the side missions are clearly signposted so you don't miss anything.

Comment

Yep, I was still loving it at that point too. My concerns began around chapter 5.

Comment

Agnes is a bit of a twat. That's the only thing getting to me (same spot as Kirov).

I want her to die.

Comment

That's good surely?

Comment

Edea is a beast when she's a Knight/Valkyrie combo - her base stats really suit it.

Sadly she's been my black Mage through most of the game so I'm gonna have to level someone else up!!!

Comment

I've not played in a while but I'm in the same place. I don't feel that bad about Agnes tho, I totally understand where she's coming from...

Comment

Working...
                                X