No announcement yet.

Bravely Default - 3DS review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickle they can't use FF, because that name has been totally sullied and dragged down to the gutter with the 3 part 13's and FF all the bravest and any other crap FF games they have been making since 12. It's funny that a return toold school roots and not a tunnel in site makes this game magical. What difficulty are people playing on? Ive done 50 hours on normal, LV 42 and are at the end of chapter 3 and getting PWNED by monsters. Mr Kirov im sure if you ablink you could get Eada up to highish level in say 3 or 4 hours. Ive got Tiz to LV 10, so if you wanted you could ablink and use his high knight skills, and just boost the valkyrie. Could others also add me to friends so i can ablink.

Comment

Someone explain some things to me please.

-How can I use Abilink to level up? I thought Abilink was just assigning friends to your charcetr and using theirattacks that you can send yourself during battle. Does it have any other effects on anything else that im not aware of?

-When you use attacks from other players (either your friends, or from randoms that the game has net-invited) do they expire? Can you only use them once and they disappear from your list?

Tickle- I got your PM, in work so cant find out my code, I'll PMyou/post it in the thread later tonight!

Comment

Abilink doesn't level you, it just gives you access to all of the skills and abilities that your mates have unlocked.

Summoning other players is a one-time usage thing, but if that person then sends out another move (in battle) and does the 'update data' option from the save screen, then when you go to update, you can summon them again with the new move. You can only send once a day though.

Comment

Where we are it doesn't take 20mins to level a fresh job up to level 7/8 anyway. Set the encounter rate to +100%, the battle speed to 4x, then GRIND.

Comment

I prefer turning off random encounters when I hit a dungeon until I scour it and get all the chests, and then I pump it up like above just outside the boss room until the levels start slowing down.

Comment

I've just started playing this over the last few days still not that far into it can't say anything yet to early to pass a view till I've played it more

Comment

I had thought I might have been grinding too much as I?m on level 64 and haven?t finished chapter 3. I thought I was too powerful but then when I fought one particular boss I had quite a hard time so maybe not! I?ve added all the friend codes on the 3ds web page so let me know if you still need me to add you for AbLinks, I?ve maxed black mage, hunter, Valkyrie and Knight so far, and I?m close with the Monk. The only paradoxical thing about maxing a job is that you reach the pinnacle of its effectiveness but then immediately want to switch to a new job so as not to waste JP, I know you can have it as a secondary career but with the new job stats the old job?s commands are never quite as effective...

Comment

There's a lot of fights in this where certain load outs just do not seem effective - it really feels like it wants you to be smart about this and switch up for each boss as you go. I'm now at level 80 and am still a fair way from actually finishing the game!

Plot has certainly got a bit more interesting (although I still think certain chapters are a drag), and I am having fun trying to see who from my f-list is able to post the most damaging single hit for the summons - hah! One friend has just shared one nearing 600,000 damage, which uh... might take some beating.

Comment

Lvl.99 now and mastered around 80% of the jobs for all characters. Each one only has around three or four left, after the grinding is done I can think about setups for some of these bosses.

Comment

How many levels is each job?

Comment

This game makes grinding a bit too easy - between the high-speed battles and auto-mode, it's very easy to just leave running whilst you do something else and just prod it every now and again.

Comment

What jobs do you recommend?

Currently Tiz is thief, Ringabel white mage, Agnes black mage and Edea knight.

Glad grinding is fairly easy. The pacing is pretty slow.

Comment

It's really about balancing your team and what it is that you're trying to fight - there are a couple of "one size fits all" setups (though you don't get a lot of the jobs required till like ch3/4), but really you're best off moving between relevant classes to keep learning new skills and so on. Boss fights in particular often need you to shift things up specifically for the one fight.

Comment

I'm on chapter 3 now and it has gone a bit flat. Played just over 20 hours and level 35 with a few jobs up to 8.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

This game makes grinding a bit too easy - between the high-speed battles and auto-mode, it's very easy to just leave running whilst you do something else and just prod it every now and again.
                                I can't find this auto-mode anywhere.

I still have to wonder around to trigger random encounters and then confirm abilities for fights.

Comment

Working...
                                X