The "Things To Get Done in 2014" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start redecorating the house.

Find a full time job with above average money.

Comment

I'm off to a flying start, already filled out the forms and paid for my passport renewal. Just need pictures and to get it posted.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      That's the dream!

Comment

Surely becoming a business owner, investor (and hot air balloonist) is the dream? (I gave my dad Richard Branson's autobiography at Christmas).

Comment

Turn 40,
          Enjoy life more,
          Teach my daughter things that make me laugh,
          Find time to play a game, any game!
          Finish the conservatory I'm building,

Comment

Last couple of days! How did we all fair on our targets?

- Renew my passport
            - Apply for Canadian citizenship
            - Get divorced in Canada (paperwork completed, waiting on judgement)
            All complete!

Still yet to do:
            - Get a drivers license (or provisional at least)
            Took the initial written test without practice and failed, haven't had time to study for it

- Get divorced in Japan
            Hoping I can show my Canadian divorce certificate and that'll be enough.

- Get a new job
            Yeah, no progress on this. If I'm going to sponsor my gf to come back permanently I'll need to keep this one a while longer sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Some nice goals here, a few real ones of mine are..

Work on my core muscles to improve posture. I made good progress with this last year but repeated illness, wife illness and everything else pushed it right down as a priority. I'm not designed for full on workouts, it would finish me off but core work is worthwhile.

Work more on my part time writing, I am interviewing someone at the moment for Retro Gamer and want to have at least six articles published this year.

Spoil my wife rotten. I already have our 6th wedding anniversary planned for 28th February.

Get back to making music, that is huge for me. So many ideas, no time or knowledge of how to use good music software.

See more old friends.

Buy Majoras Mask.
              Worked on core a s strength, stronger and bigger than I have ever been. So much that half my clothes are too tight.

Not much writing, music or Japanese but I did spoil the wife as much as possible.

I did buy Majora's Mask.

Actually interviewed two big names in UK game music this year and both let me down after spending hours on them. Disheartening. One took me 3 years to track down.
              Last edited by nakamura; 30-12-2014, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Start redecorating the house.

Erm become a dad

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                  Erm become a dad
                  Yeah. That's a 2015 one. That post was made on 6th Jan 2014!

Comment

Get fit again after my injury - did 15 miles in the driving rain on Saturday (rather a lot more than intended), so I am getting there. - Done
                    Do an ultramarathon (anything 30 miles+). Maybe a 50k or 100k. Very scared about this one, which I suppose makes it a good one. - Didn't do, but signed up for one in 2015. I did come 34th in the Portsmouth Marathon though.
                    Get a Guiness World Record (yes this is serious). I'm sure I can beat the previous record. - More planning was needed and to find someone to create a piece of kit - tried the prototype but it wasn't going to do the job.
                    Go mountain biking at Lake Tahoe. - Done.
                    On a less selfish note, spend more time with my kids and family. Done - dropped off and picked up kids from school almost every day, went on a trip to the USA with just me and Lucy with running and mountain biking in the mountains.

Comment

My goals were pretty low, and got them both.

Comment

Done:
                        Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Make some money to keep me and my family alive without any bull****.
                        Sow some seeds for things that will grow bigger and pay off down the line while making the world a better place.
                        Still to do:
                        Have more fun.
                        Seriously consider what I want to do when I grow up (turning 40 this year...).
                        Maybe start a small revolution.
                        Really got to get on to that revolution in 2015. Who's with me?

Comment

Really got to get on to that revolution in 2015. Who's with me?
                          Absolutely awesome!

What's the name of your app again, Dogg? Is it on the Windows store too? (We have a Win8 tablet &#128138

Comment

It's called Dino Dog. I don't think it's on the Windows store yet but worth checking in case. There was some delays getting it on other formats. I think it's out on the Amazon Fire store and the Google Play store will be soon but no idea what the deal is with the Windows one.

Comment

Along with becoming a father I intend to continue to lose weight. I haven't been trying to lose weight but my job of running around a warehouse and slightly healthier eating seems to be having a positive effect.

So, dial up the healthy eating, lots of veggies, less processed crap and the running around the warehouse will hopefully continue this trend.

Do my PassPlus. Final driving thing to do.

Comment

Forgot about this thread -

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Turn 40.

Only way I could've failed with this one was death. Result: Achieved.

Sell the house in Scotland I've owned for nearly twenty years.

Couldn't bring myself to sell it, going to rent it out to my little cousin. Result: Fail.

Move back down south full time again.

It's happening but not until March 2015. Result: Pending.

Buy another f***ing house.

Result: See above.

Continue with my efforts to get healthy.

Pretty good this one, over two stone lighter than this time last year. Result: Achieved.

Comment

Working...
                                X