Import Game Zines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Game Zines

Are there any good magazines/fan zines for import games? I know about Scrolls but I'd like something monthly that covers a variety of games. Sick of UK mags not covering the games I want to read about.

Any suggestions or does nothing exist?

I'd love to write one if someone would pay me enough to...
    Do you follow https://twitter.com/Stealth____ ? You should.

Comment

Thanks for the twitter tip.

I'd be tempted to write for one as well if we can find a good way to get them printed. A lot of people use printing on demand to sell stuff now.

Comment

Why don't a few of us club together & do one?

I'm sure there's more than enough writing talent on here to get one off the ground?

Could be the Bordersdown-azine

Comment

At one time loads of mags covered imports it made reading them exciting, then one by one they all became standard boring pal only efforts all reporting on the same games with nobody daring to risk an import review. By the time they are reporting on new incoming games from Japan i have already bought & played them to death meaning there's nothing in a uk gaming mag that interests me nowdays. Only way i can get import gaming news fix is either buy issues of famitsu WiiU+3DS or by going to Japanese blog sites.

Just a shame importing famitsu isn't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Why don't a few of us club together & do one?

I'm sure there's more than enough writing talent on here to get one off the ground?

Could be the Bordersdown-azine
            The forum has vastly changed, not many are bothered by imports nowdays there's not that many of us left.

Comment

Because there is almost no reason to import anymore.

Comment

Really?

If you like Nintendo there is, there's still a large amount of games that if you just go with domestic releases you'll never see.

Comment

Most people aren't interested in playing many of the oddities on Nintendo formats.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Because there is almost no reason to import anymore.
                    Not so sure there really.

There are quite a lot of games I'd still be interested in Importing if I had better info on them.

PS3 & 360 still have a lot of Jpn only stuff for example that's before you get the Nintendo "oddities" & Vita stuff

I still feel there's a market just not that big & what's to say Retro import features wouldn't be almost enough reason to do one on it's own?

Comment

Yeah which is why this site has become dull dull dull the fun has gone out of it & yet i still remain lol. I'll slowly convert you all back to imports (places fingers together in pyramid formation) muwahahaha

Comment

There really isn't that much to import Nintendo stuff though. The only thing on the horizon for me is A-Train 3D, which is one of my most anticipated pre-3DS launch titles. The WiiU has...Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2, which I have unplayed on PS3 already so have no reason to get a console just to play. I'm still importing, but I have less time to play. I still need to go back to Danbooru Senki Double Super Custom. Part of why I'm less interested in importing is how difficult I've found it to shift stuff I want shot of. I can't give away most of my J-Wii games.

Comment

Let's face it, half the forum don't want to play Nintendo games full stop, let alone obscure imports. That's their choice and that's cool, but for those who still care about this stuff there's plenty of reasons to keep on importing.

Edge does still talk about imports but it's minimal coverage at best. I'm still pissed that Play-Asia still have links on some of their pages to take out Arcadia subscriptions, but they've clearly removed the target page

Comment

Importing was never about obscure games though. It was about getting hits like Street Fighter 2, Contra etc at least 6 months before everyone else. Some people just enjoyed them too.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              Importing was never about obscure games though. It was about getting hits like Street Fighter 2, Contra etc at least 6 months before everyone else. Some people just enjoyed them too.
                              And in some cases uncut & not ruined (i.e. Contra / Probotector FFS)

I admit it's far less important these days with most titles getting releases at almost the same time & with little to no difference's (No More Heroes / Manhunt 2 not withstanding) but I do still like the buzz of getting a title that you won't see here.

Comment

Working...
                              X