Wait. What? Is this actually happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Wait. What? Is this actually happening?
      Yeah.

The M4trix.

<Ahem>

Comment

You jest, but you're probably right Ted.

The second one holds the record for the film that's made me angriest in the cinema ever, all that "ergo" crap. I actually loudly blurted out "oh for **** sake" at that dialogue exchange without meaning to and genuinely wanted to walk out. Abysmal.

Comment

The second one holds the record for the film that's made me angriest in the cinema ever, all that "ergo" crap. I actually loudly blurted out "oh for **** sake" at that dialogue exchange without meaning to and genuinely wanted to walk out. Abysmal.

Comment

Really? What did you dislike so vehemently about it?

Comment

I went to see 2 at Warner Bros. (Now Vue?) in Bury. I just happened to be driving past after learning that they'd be doing special 1am showings, so I went to try my luck at bagging a ticket.

It turned out that I was the only one that turned up! I was sat right in the middle of the cinema so I smoked a huge joint. That was one thing off of the bucket list, at least, I just wish it could have been a better film.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                You hated 2 and 3?!
                I really like the original film. The sequels, to me, are so bad that they actually damage the original movie. They've affected my perception of something I used to really like.

If it sounds like hyperbole, then yes, I am being a bit over-zealous here for comic effect, but my actual opinion is along these lines.

I would honestly prefer they didn't exist. That's how much I dislike them.

Comment

I really enjoyed the first Matrix film bad science and all. But the sequels are poor. They stretch out the pseudo religious nonsense way too thin. And the “unrepeatable” effects have seriously dated.
                  Another story in the Matrix universe could be set in another version of the matrix and a different time period. Plenty of potential there.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                    Really? What did you dislike so vehemently about it?
                    Ergo, my man. Er-****ing-go.

Comment

So if ideas and half scripts are floating about Hollywood for another Matrix film, could they watch the Animatrix and the first film again? Take those as inspiration and not the money-making but creatively-lacking sequels.

I agree with earlier posters that there are stories still to tell in the Matrix universe (the Animatrix proved it).

Audiences still appreciate intelligent sci-fi Hollywood. Remember that.

Comment

Plus it'd be perfectly fitting to the series history to call the film The Matrix Rebooted

Comment

Wow, it looks like I'm becoming a social pariah for liking Reloaded!

I liked the ending, but some friends didn't as they left. It was a bit confusing at first, but I loved it when Neo did what he wanted and broke the Matrix to save Trinity.

It's just hot air at the minute, but if the Matrix reboot takes off, Warners need to be careful as there's a lot of bad feeling about the sequels, it seems!

The whole of that MTV parody is great. It's a special feature on the disc, but I'm guessing no one else owns it, so here it is. I like the bit where The Oracle is trying to get freaky with Timberlake and he looks really uncomfortable.

Comment

In fact, the more I think about it the more rebooting it makes more sense. The key visual hook was the use of bullet time which is a dime a dozen effect these days. Instead you'd be looking more at Inception style visuals the way Doctor Strange used them more likely which wouldn't make anywhere near as much sense when compared to the canon established in the original trilogy. That, and it would mean they didn't need to continue the black clad imagery of the main cast which is very dated and almost singles that cast of characters out as quite sad.

Whoever is the One though needs to remain grounded. None of this Superman nonsense, it has to be at most along the lines of that moment in the original when Neo picks himself up off the ground and starts to own Smith.

More this:

Less this:

Comment

Agreed, I guess, but there's plenty of great physical fight choreography in that sequence before the CGI kicks in:

Comment

Shouldn't they make a 2 and 3 before doing a 4?

Comment

Working...
                                X