No announcement yet.

The Matrix: Resurrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A reboot where neo takes the blue pill and goes home would be interesting.

Comment

I didn't mind 2 in parts but ultimately it fell flat... Nothing wrong with Monica Bellucci in that dress. Yum.

I.guess though the fact remains that I've watched the original several times since owning it on Blu-ray and never touched the other two in the box.

Comment

I loved the Matrix.

I loved the Matrix Reloaded, too. I didn't really understand the Architect's babbling in the cinema but when I watched it at home and could listen to him properly, it made a lot more sense.

I absolutely loved the Animatrix and, atrocious gameplay aside, I enjoyed the extra story stuff in the Enter The Matrix game. I agree with a review about ETM that says the story elements - specifically, Niobe and Ghost's infiltration of the power plant - should've been actual scenes in Reloaded. Instead, we got bullets that left their guns at 90 degrees

I hated Revolutions the first time I saw it at the cinema. It was overly-long with nothing much happening and I had a cold at the time. But again, when I watched it at home it was much better. I liked the contrast between the Architect and the Oracle, and the stuff with the Indian family. This will sound daft/obvious but I had to really suspend my disbelief and stop thinking of the programs as personified Norton Anti-Virus exe files to enjoy it.

I haven't seen any of the films for over five years now so I really should see them again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          I haven't seen any of the films for over five years now so I really should see them again soon.
          Life is too short billy!

Comment

The first movie was ground breaking. An extraordinary live anime x kung fu x cyperpunk mashup. I can still remember coming out of the cinema with my mind absolutely blown. It also lends itself to repeat viewing as the action sequences are sublime.

It also had an impact on home cinema ; watching the Morpheus recsue helicopter scene on DVD with my Sony home cinema was a revelation. The rain lashing all around you, the sound of the bullets slo mo bouncing off the ground behind you.....WOW I'm repeating myself but it blew my mind.

The 2nd one had some good action stuff, the freeway, the staircase fight. But apart from that it was ****e.

3rd one complete and utter ****e.

The way they did the "real world" in these films was a travesty. So much wasted potential.

Comment

The first film actually drove quite a lot of DVD player sales with the wealth of extras encouraging consumers to upgrade from VHS.

Comment

The Matrix was actually the first DVD I ever bought, on import, along with a handheld Panasonic DVD player if I remember right.

Despite my slating of the second one, I still think the original is awesome, aging effects or not.

Comment

The Matrix = All great.

Matrix Reloaded = Burly brawl, chateau fight, freeway chase, the Merovingian.

Matrix Revelations = Not a damn thing.

Comment

I adored the first film. Just waiting for a Matrix 4/Bill and Ted 3 crossover.

You know it makes sense!

Comment

Maybe a prequel would be a good idea. It would be great if they could fill in the story upto the beginning of the first one and how it all went down as well as more flowery monologues and ended that movie with the discovery of Neo.

Or maybe Neo in Time where due to some agent related hi jinx The One gets bounced back and forth through time (still within the matrix) and inadvertently creates the legends of Jesus, Moses, Mohammed, Buddha and every other avatar each time he drops by to be witnessed by a bemused populace who misconstrue his statement of "be most excellent to each other" as "drop shells of depleted uranium on each other". Sorta like a dark matter Quantum Leap except his antics lead to the destruction of humanity as per the machines plan to enslave the minds looking for a techno escape from the harsh reality of living.

Liek if you woah evrytim.

Comment

Just read this retrospective on what followed the original film

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                          Maybe a prequel would be a good idea. It would be great if they could fill in the story upto the beginning of the first one and how it all went down as well as more flowery monologues and ended that movie with the discovery of Neo.
                          They kinda did this, with the two-part segment of The Animatrix.

Although it was well-animated, it kinda made me think that sometimes you don't need to know everything.

Comment

If you're a Matrix fan take a walk around Sydney when you're here. When I got here in 2001 they had a free tour that took you to all the places in the movie.

I actually worked about 15m away from the fountain in Martin Place where they filmed the girl in the red dress and when they were filming reloaded I saw Lawrence Fishburne and Keanu Reeves around Oxford Street though never got to meet them in person... Bah.

Comment

Does anyone explain why they all wear sunglasses indoors?

Comment

Because they're cool as ****?

Comment

Working...
                                X