No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love the missus - she spent ages eyeing up lego for xmas presents for the boys/her.

Comment

Have you guys seen the latest mini figures series? Monsters. Having loved the Monster Fighter sets a few years back, I now want ALL of these.

Comment

Yes, they were briefly available. My usual shop got a delivery of around 10 boxes, so that's 600 figures. I picked up three on the day (and got the three I most wanted) - went back the next week to use my loyalty points and they had four left. That's four figures, not boxes. That set me on a tour of all the toys r us shops in my area, and they were all sold out in less than a week.

I still really wanted to get the witch

Comment

Minifigures are not a hole I want to fall down. ?40 a few times every year for a complete set and I just can't justify it. As soon as I buy one I'll somehow need to find every single one and I'm what, 16 series behind? Erm, naaaah. I dread to think what series one minifigs are selling for.

I may have bought another modular though...

Comment

I have generally just looked for the odd minifigure that I really like, such as the Harryhausen cyclops. This Monster set is the first set I have wanted almost all of.

Comment

I just don't think I'd have the willpower for that. My brain would engage "collection" mode immediately

Comment

Our Lego shop will feel the bags and get the ones that u need need all the monsters ones some are really cool

i have a a comple set or 2 of some thing like 11 and 12 if memory serves if any one wants a complete set bags were opened just to check
                i bought complete boxes for 2 series

Comment

Wow, what a nice service! The shop I usually get them in has a notice saying that you are not allowed to feel the bags. Other shops keep them next to the cash register so you can't spend any time checking.

Comment

Buy the whole box, then get a refund for all the ones you don't want

Comment

Well I went looking today for the monster packs but the only two places close by were still selling the previous Simpsons minifigures.

Edit: Oh and here's an old photo I found of one of my Monster Fighter sets. Need the new monsters to go with these.
                      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 03-10-2015, 21:06.

Comment

Most likely they are already sold out. Japan is the same - the previous Simpsons series hasn't sold at all (though that may just be a Japan thing) and the monsters go in a flash.

Comment

You could be right because one of the places I went to had the Simpsons packs on sale (€2 when they are usually €3 or so around here). And I should have just gone to Argos - seems they have tons. Might take a trip there later.

Comment

So I got around to finishing the Trevi Fountain and it wasn't what I really wanted. I don't think Lego is for me.

I was going to start on Wall E but I'm also thinking maybe just get a refund for now.

Comment

I must admit, I'm not convinced by the smaller architect sets. Or even the bigger ones. So many repeating sections in the builds, usually very basic colours - so much white. And often in the smaller sets the detail has been so compromised that it doesn't even quite work as the building. I have the tower of Piza and the proportions are completely off.

Comment

Yeah not a fan either, the Trevi Fountain seems a bit of a weird choice unless there's some specific reason you have some link to that place!

shaffy, what is it exactly that you didn't get from the set that you hoped to?

Comment

Working...
                                X