No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        It’s my bday today and I just got the Voltron set. Oh yeah!
        Happy birthday Dogg Post pics if poss.

Comment

Thank you! I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Speaking of bigger sets, the leaked Welcome to Apocalypseburg! set looks impressive

That looks fantastic, but I dunno if I can justify buying it with my current "trying to cut down" status! It doesn't feel as display-y as the Sea Cow, so even though I'd love to have the super-big sets from both movies it kinda feels more like a play-set than one I'd build and admire on a shelf for a while.

Of course all this may change when I see some reviews and Double VIP is on and I haven't bought anything for few months and and and

Comment

Just picked this triple pack up from Asda, figured I could make use of the pieces elsewhere - was being sold for just £12.50

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Speaking of bigger sets, the leaked Welcome to Apocalypseburg! set looks impressive
                I’m trying to move away from buying big Lego sets. This set will be the exception. Fantastic looking.

Comment

My son's been building the Downtown Diner which he got from Santa. It's a set that really comes to life in the flesh. He's been on with it two nights and is still building the ground floor. Deceptively complex build. It looks amazing.

Comment

Yeah, I loved that build a lot. So much interesting stuff going on the way they get the lines how they get them, and the way they hide bits they don't want you to see. Some really clever bits.

Comment

Welcome To Apocalypseburg! is official. Available Jan 16th. 3178 pieces. £279.99.

https://brickset.com/article/41420/7...eburg-revealed!

Comment

For comparison, Sea Cow had 2741 parts for £169.99!

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                          Whilst failing to control what seems to be a growing Lego addiction I stumbled across this site: www.rebrickable.com

Couldn't find any links to it on here so thought I'd post it.

Essentially you can create a profile and enter your children's (YOUR) lego kit numbers (or even just what blocks you have) and it will tell you what you can build, either from other sets or from custom sets that people have submitted. It also has an excellent feature where it will price up what you are missing and link to a few stores to tell you which set would complete your kit or you can buy pieces seperately.

Nice!

My sons 6th birthday is on the 17th. I know what I'm getting him/me.
                          That's awesome. I always wanted to start doing Lego as a theraputic passtime, but I'm not that good at building things from memory/randomly. I could get like a Technic kit or whatever but I'd prefer to do custom/VG builds.

Comment

Last night noticed Asda was hacking its pricing to clear out sets, nothing I wanted but it means new stuff is in bound so assumed it would be Lego Movie 2. Read up on the new sets and watched a review of the Liberty apocalypse set and I think I've come to the conclusion... I don't like them. I think they're sets that make sense in the context of the film but otherwise don't. The liberty set is an impressive build but a lot of it looks like a fairly dull mess as well, I imagine it's fun to build but I reckon I'd get bored of it very quickly too.

It got me thinking, I have four shelves at home for the Lego.

Shelf 1 - Lego Batman (Needs a theme building around the vehicles)
                            Shelf 2 - Ghostbusters (Needs construction to be completed)
                            Shelf 3 - Mini Dioramas (Needs more parts to continue)
                            Shelf 4 - Empty

I'm thinking of a horror theme for the last shelf. Horror icon minifigs seem easy to get hold of and building a custom layout should be simple over time, even the Mystery Machine would be easy to get. So many parts short to finish this stuff though.

Comment

Inspired somewhat by the weeks reveal of GB3 I've ordered a fairly cheap and incomplete build of another Ecto1 set. There's several pieces missing but the aim with this one is to slowly build it up as a companion piece to the Ecto1, this one customised as I can get the parts to turn it into as faithful a recreation as possible of the Ecto 1A

Comment

Found an image of a custom Ecto-1A, the roof rack of the 1A was always oversized, not sure if it looks too big on this one but that's going to be one of the easy but slow parts to work on as it's a lot of one off piece buys to compile. I've ordered the required custom sticker set though which will take a few weeks to arrive but will make an immediate shift in appearance to the set

Comment

Working...
                                X