No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminded now why my missus gets concerned about how much Lego will cost us in the long term

The Ecto-1 arrived, majority of it is definitely there. Main issue will be how many one off pieces it requires to get what's needed in order to do it right. A simple yet plainly longterm project.

But then, then I found myself browsing and discovered they'd finally properly cracked the LED kits for the Batman Movie vehicles meaning I need to get these three LED kits then dismantle and rebuild the each set:

The Joker's Lowrider

Penguin's Arctic Roller

The Ultimate Batmobile

Comment

Received and installed the light kit on the Joker Lowrider, the front headlights don't work but it's not worth fussing about as the rest of the LED's provide enough illumination and once I have kits for the other two vehicles it won't stand out much

Comment

Some of those light kits look amazing. I've been half tempted to pick up a kit for the Detective's Office but the tech never looked very user-friendly to install (though I bet it's changed even in the year or so since I looked).

Comment

They can be a little fiddly sometimes especially the more bricks they feed. Some you have to install as you build, others you build then just amend later so aren't that bad.

Got my Ecto 1A sticker sheet as well so next step will be to strip back the model of unnecessary parts, clean it up a little then apply the stickers

Comment

Stripped down the incomplete Ecto 1 this week and applied the first Ecto 1A sticker. Ordered a chunk of the parts I need to restore the main vehicle, it's a slow process finding the exact part numbers you need for what you're doing, especially for anything that strays into custom building. The parts cost me more than the set did so overall it'll have end up having been a slightly costly project but I think that once the parts arrive and are added to the set I should be quickly to a point where the customised roof rack is the only real part that will need working on.

Comment

My latest pick-ups. I’m quite fond of the Speed Champions line, and now have about 5 sets. The Creator 3-1 aquatic theme has nice models.

Comment

Me and the missus find that shark set eye catching every time we see in stores, couldn't think of a way of using it at home though.

Comment

Next two Ideas sets have been decided ...

... shame that Peugeot 205 didn't make the grade

Comment

My family went to the Birmingham LEGO Discovery Centre at the weekend and we all really enjoyed it.
                    There's a 5 year gap between the kids, so finding activities they both like can be tough, but this fit the bill.

There are a couple of rides - a lightgun blaster ride (great fun!) and a ride where you pedal to go higher.
                    There's a soft play area.
                    There's a 4D cinema showing a few different shorts. We saw the LEGO Movie spinoff where they go to Brickworld (they couldn't get tickets for Legoland). My fave bit was where they gasp at Lord Business returning, but he explains in a voice that's clearly not Will Ferrell "I'm not Lord Business, I am his brother Risky. I sound significantly cheaper than my brother, but with the money saved I have built this theme park!"

As for building areas, there's a Masterbuilder lab, a couple of ramps (one racing, one trying to get your car in a tub after a jump), a Duplo area, a Friends section, a skyscraper earthquake tester and a general build area.

I helped build a house for my daughter with giant bricks, which she loved, but focused on looking after my children, unlike most of the dads there, who were too engrossed building ridiculously tall towers (that risked crushing any passing toddlers), elaborate cars or unofficial additions to the clock tower.

Comment

Love the new Lego Mustang, out March 1st.

Comment

So, this is definitely going to be a long term thing but for now I've boosted it along. I'd picked up the second hand incomplete Ecto-1 set and making sure pieces were in the right places by comparing to my proper full Ecto-1 model this is how it looked:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138499287@N04/33590871238/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 25-03-2019, 22:26.

Comment

Six new sets for the 80th Anniversary of Batman, why can't they ever sell a GCPD Cop Car out of a large set?

Comment

I quite like that Batmobile, reminds me of the 1989 movie.

Comment

LED kit arrived for the GB Firehouse today which is probably one of the last big cost items I need to pay for in one go and the last central item needed to carry on building it

Comment

Working...
                              X