Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the Power of Grayskull...

Comment

That Castle Greyskull set is ace. I always wanted the play set when I was a kid.

This week I’ve bern making my own version of the San Diego Comic Con Dark Knight Of Gotham City set, currently going for stupid money on eBay.

I’ve got as close as I can with spare pieces from the gen-pop tubs.

Some different techniques were needed due to a shortage of parts but it turned out rather nice

Comment

Just been checking out some pics of that Castle Grayskull set. It looks absolutely amazing. Please share more pics when you build it [MENTION=15014]_SD_[/MENTION]

Comment

Inside art of the main box...

At the end of the first of four internal boxes, this is what we have so far:

Comment

I'm such a Lego snob that I wish it was Lego but that looks really good!

Comment

Lego's too busy trying to win over my missus with this number:

Comment

That's a great looking little set. Love the angles in the layout and the colours are really nice.

Comment

I love the way you can tell which minifig is which character.

Could it be any more spot on?!

Comment

The Ross minifig is a thing of wonder, star of the entire set

Comment

Yep, the Ross minifig is superb but I only got Phoebe through process of elimination.

Comment

End of the second box:

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                          End of the second box:

Looking good.

Whats the quality like, cheap nasty plastic?

Comment

The plastic certainly isn’t as good as Lego, and there’s some annoying mould marks that show up on this colour of green quite starkly. But with a bit of clever brick positioning I’ve managed to hide all I can. The figures are much better as actual action figures than Minifigs though, and that goes for the Ninja Turtles, Halo, Star Trek etc ones that they do.

Anyway... ‘tis complete:

Comment

Looks very cool!

I finished the Stranger Things set last night. Did it over maybe six evenings and it was a really enjoyable build. It's quite complex and so there are a few fiddly parts where trying to access the parts you need to push pieces on meant accidentally popping out others but, like the Voltron set, a lot of the building is about getting a really solid structure so, once it's together, it's very strong.

Comment

Castle Grayskull looks brill. Love the textures on the whole set.

Comment

Working...
                                X