Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    So I finally got the Enterprise built:

And whilst I’m here, what’s the deal with the Lego Mac Anthem? Can’t seem to find it in Smyths or Johnny L’s, it’s not online exclusive though?
    It's on sale at Argos, so I dunno why it wouldn't be elsewhere.

Built the diner so loads of pics and thoughts are hidden behind the spoiler tags!

This is a piece of LEGO.

Now it's a piece of BACON.

Bubblegum?

Ground floor.

Quality of the pieces is not always great. I dunno if you can really tell in the photo but the printing is way off on one of these.

This is one of those tricks I really appreciate while building, the construction of the sign is so messy at the bottom, but it's by necessity.

But then by design, they just hide it!

A gym upstairs.

The wall is built to make it seamless when all the levels are put together, which is possibly a first for these buildings.

Fence pieces are stairs now.

These windows are also great, but I'll leave it there.

Third floor is a recording studio, because the diner/gym/recording studio combo makes sense. Again you can see the trickery with the front wall.

So far...

Haven't seen these before.

A roof.

A car, much nicer than the cinema's

The diner!

And just look at this booty of parts left over.

It was a really nice build, and as usual with these modulars had some techniques that just awe you. One in particular was some round windows which, as soon as I saw them on the box made me go "WTF, HOW?!" and then when you build it you're like "OOOOOHHHHHH. OF COURSE."

I mainly actually built the whole thing just to see how those windows were done

The hood of the oven really made me smile too.

Parisian Restaurant is still the ultimate modular, but this is real fun to build with lots of smart stuff going on, and it's lovely when it's made. So vibrant.
    Last edited by toythatkills; 24-04-2018, 17:34.

Comment

Creator Expert Roller Coaster 10261 looks fabulous ...

Last edited by Atticus; 26-04-2018, 14:13.

Comment

Recently bought a 30lt box filled to the brim with Lego from a local facebook group for the princely sum of £35 and in amongst was a lot of retired Harry Potter sets and a bucket load of figures, this is the first set I’ve successfully pulled together out of it, I download the instructions off the net and pulled all the parts out over the space of one evening. I then put it together over the space of another, lego archeology is quite fun

need to dig out a couple of generic bits form my stock pile but 99.9% of it was their including all the owls, crookshank, scabbers, the Sorting hat, and all the harry potter minifigs.

Last edited by Lebowski; 26-04-2018, 14:25.

Comment

Blimey, the profit you could make on that

Comment

Sweet!

I'm helping my parents pack up and move in a month or two, mainly grabbing and sorting the last of my stuff there which is mainly books,old board games/ annuals but I have a load of lego there.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get rid of it which is a bit heartbreaking. I would love to keep it but I just don't have the room to keep or display it. Same goes for most of my Minifigs collection which I intend to Ebay at some point (was meant to do it 2 years ago before we moved house)

Once I pull together the sets (I have 2 castle sets I'm sure they are 99.8% complete and Paradisa) that I know are pretty much complete I'll let you guys know if anyone is interested. Plus I have a box of a mix that includes parts of some space monorail I inherited as a kid.

Still want the roller-coaster and 50's bar though!

Comment

The Rollercoaster looks awesome, I just really don’t have the room to display it, or the Carousel or Ferris Wheel. Which is probably good as that’s a healthy £600 of Lego...

Comment

I watched the official Lego video of the ‘coaster today. You can either use a manual ‘crank’ to get the cars up to the highest point or use the power function. I’m not sure if the power function comes with the set or not tho’?

I seem to remember seeing a sneak peek of a 3in1 creator rollercoaster set which looked quite neat, not sure if and when that will get released?

_SD_ - That looks like a nice Enterprise!

Comment

I just watched the Rollercoaster video... it’s absolutely massive. Much bigger than I thought, I don’t even have a bookcase big enough and it’d take up half of the office desk. I’m going to go for a trip to the Lego Store at MK1 as I really want to see it in person, I hope they have it on display.

Doesn’t look like it comes with Power Functions, that’s another, what, £30! Bit scandalous really to be honest.

Completed the Rally Car today with my son, although we got all the way to the end to find a missing piece on the rear spoiler. Gutted!

And it turns out they do have the Mack Anthem in Smyths... those shelves are mighty tall and I wasn’t looking high enough
                  Last edited by _SD_; 29-04-2018, 01:21.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                    Blimey, the profit you could make on that
                    lol i know its a set I've wanted for a long while that i didnt want to put down nearly £200 on to get complete. I'm happy to keep and display it. i made my money back on the box as there was a retired Lego Technic set that was still sealed and i don't keep or collect technic it went to ebay.

Comment

Got the main Anthem Rig built, but I can’t attach the exhaust pipes due to more missing parts...

Comment

How is the Anthem? Had my heart set on it until I saw this 4,000 piece beauty...

Comment

Ooh... that looks awesome. I take it that’ll be the flagship set for the second half of the year? I think I’ve seen a picture of a Forklift too? Hoping for at least Power Functions for that, although if it was remote control driving too that would be fantastic.

The main Mack rig is where it’s all at, very detailed model... I just need to do all the external stickers. The trailer and shipping container are nice and complete the model overall. I’m just waiting for my missing parts to arrive, they only shipped yesterday.

Comment

This was posted on Era and I only post it here now because that old Firestation is one of the only Lego's sets I got as a kid - NosTALGIA!!!

Comment

Heavy Duty Forklift (42079) – 592 pieces – $69.99/$89.99 (CAD)

Forest Machine (42080) – 1003 pieces – $149.99/$179.99 (CAD)

Volvo Concept Wheel Loader ZEUX (42081) – 1167 pieces – $139.99/$179.99 (CAD)

Rough Terrain Crane (42082) – 4057 pieces – $299.99/$349.99 (CAD)

Comment

I went to the Lego Museum (unofficial, kind of a personal collection) in Prague yesterday and thought about this thread. It is all so impressive. They had kits from the to modern day displayed. The top floor has every star wars set ever on display. For me, seeing how it has all evolved is impressive. For example, they have displayed all of the fire stations from the 60s to modern together.

The first ever set, a car showroom, was cool to see. It must be worth a fortune!

Comment

Working...
                                X