Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
    Hogwarts looks great, but how is that price anywhere near ‘child friendly’?

Appreciate it’s a big set, but the price point is for the AFOL.

Any of you guys buying a HP minfigs case when they are released? Wouldn’t mind purchasing a complete set if you do.
    looks like they are aiming at the lego super collectors that don't mind spending 300 on a set there are bits of it that i find disappointing like the dragon, the whomping willow, and the boats, to me they look like advent Calendar micro builds. The modular castle is aimed at younger collectors id bet.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 27-07-2018, 12:59.

Comment

Harry Potter Minifigure blind packs are in WHSmiths for under £3 each.

I took a punt and got 2 at random, got one of the few I really wanted, Dobby (with awesome diary and sock!) and Hermione with Crookshanks.

The diary with shock accessory is delightful except you cant fix it down like a brick so its currently wedged between his arms to his chest.

Hermione came with 2 wands on a sprue which is really cool.

Only criticism is cCrooksanks simply will not stand straight onto 2 'pegs', only on its back legs. I don't know if this is a fault with the product manufacture or it may have slightly warped with the heatwave? Anyways, with his back legs he stands fine next to Hermionie on their 'stand'.

Going to try and not get hooked into getting all of them but I like Trelawny, Diggory, Dean Thomas, Longbottom, Mad eye and Voldemort. Luna looks nothing like the character which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        yar i could go for a set dose it include the police man and if so how much would a set be.
        £60 shipped with the policeman, if that sounds fair?

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
        Any of you guys buying a HP minfigs case when they are released? Wouldn’t mind purchasing a complete set if you do.
        Not sure it's worth it, tbh. There's 22 figures in the series which means a full case of 60 only has two full sets and then 16 "spares." It'd be a right pain in the arse to shift those.

Comment

No problem ttk. I did mention to my daughter about buying a complete set, but she’s firmly opposed to that idea. She likes the random lottery of buying blind bags. She seems to forget that it’s me that has to but them tho!

Comment

Someone still might do it! It'll just be a lot less likely than series that contain three complete sets and far fewer extras.

Comment

Took long enough but finally, finally I have a display cabinet on the way meaning I can turn my attentions to building the relatively straight forward Ghostbusters display. Apparently LED kits for it are applied after the build with the Firehouse which is good as I've yet to pick one up, so I'll shortly be able to resume construction.

Comment

Hogwarts isn't quite what I was expecting ... I thought it might feature a little more landscape and look a bit more abstract and ornament-like. I do think it looks amazing though. Great attention to detail and a decent part to price ratio too

Comment

Argos eBay has 3 for 2 on LEGO and eBay has 10% off for the next ten hours. Three of those new gigantic Technic cranes would be £140 each if there's anyone in the Greater London area interested in teaming up...

£230 normally, and only been out for two days!

Comment

i wanted to get the three harry potter sets but nowt in stock localy bloody scalpers will have them all up ebay tommorow no doubt would of been nice to get the whompng willow set free with the caste and Hogwarts express purchase.

Comment

Went to Smyths with the boy to find some bits for his birthday...

Discovered this awesome UCS style Age of Ultron Hulk Buster set. He’s just having a Fortnite break, we’ll finish it off later.

Comment

Looking good @ _SD_ ... our boy's got this coming for his birthday this month ... along with the Dieselnaut off his grandparents.

Comment

Just need to do the stickers now...

Last edited by _SD_; 05-08-2018, 22:50.

Comment

Whilst I'm still early in working on the Ghostbusters diorama I've been thinking of the Batman one again. Heavily custom for a large scale one would take an age to do but I saw the LED modded Joker Manor in a search and getting using this as a basis appeals

Comment

Searching for ideas for the GB display so it isn't too plain on one side and saw these on a fan site...

Avengers Battle of Serkovia
                              2018 SaltyLUG collaboration. A year in the making, 6 builders came together during BrickFair Virginia to build this awesome project. I hope you all enjoy this model as much as we did! Beyond the Brick collab interview video | Facebook | | Google+ | | Website | | Blog | --NS Through the creations that I build, I hope to inspire other young (or perhaps older) LEGO builders to unleash their inner creativity. We all need a positive way to express ourselves, so let's allow LEGO to be an extension of us. Your creativity belongs to you, and nobody can take that away. Build what you want to build, and how you want to build it.

Steampunk Paris 1889 - Sweet mother of god...
                              Mise à jour du 16 avril 2019 : on a tous perdu quelque chose aujourd'hui. Notre Dame brûle et le monde la regarde, impuissant face aux flammes démesurées.

Wipeout Racers

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140822...n/photostream/

Comment

Wow, those are amazing. That Paris one is incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X