Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet he could kill himself and no one would touch him.

Comment

Trump's latest rally see's the crowd jeering 'send her back' regarding Ilhan Omar, the US Congresswoman. Reports that the new all white hooded White House uniforms have gotten stuck in the post are unconfirmed

Comment

Have to wonder how the “not at Trump supporters are racist” crowd are feeling right about now. He’s not making their job easy.

Comment

I'm willing to keep the idea of 'you never know' on the table but he barely won in 2016 on the back of all the hype and concern he was a racist, misogynist moron. Having such utterly blatant behaviour at this point should cost him too many votes to win a second term no matter how fired up his core base gets at it. Again though, you never know.

Comment

Yeah, I wish I could assume that decency will win out. But I don’t. The worse he gets, the more some seem to love him. I’m just hoping that group gets smaller and smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              latest rally see's the crowd jeering 'send her back'
              This is a moment of genuine despair. A decade or so ago, I thought we might genuinely be on the road to ending racism and xenophobia. Like, maybe it would never go away, but we'd past something of a peak and we were going to see it slide ever downwards over my lifetime. Now I'm not so sure.

Comment

It's even more desparaging when you think that his attitude is pushing more and more politicians to act like him.

Comment

He's done enough to ensure that anyone not white won't vote for him. I would imagine that's quite a lot.
                  It's easy to see how dictators come to power now; with a slow progressive march towards discrimination. If it wasn't for the balances and checks put in place in the US I believe we would be looking at a 'year Zero' scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    He's done enough to ensure that anyone not white won't vote for him.
                    That's what everyone thought the last election - he'd said and done enough vile sexist stuff that women wouldn't vote for him. Except they did in droves.

Comment

Not sure where you got that from but it isn't true. Most of Trump's demographic is older white uneducated males: https://www.people-press.org/2018/08...idated-voters/

Comment

Saw highlights of his speech at the rally this morning.

When his followers/worshippers started chanting ‘send her back’ I was mortified.

What with our own country going down the pan, and an overtly racist US President being adulated by the masses, we are in dark times indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Not sure where you got that from but it isn't true. Most of Trump's demographic is older white uneducated males: https://www.people-press.org/2018/08...idated-voters/
                          Yeah, the majority were Clinton, but there were still millions of women who did vote for Trump.

Comment

Dire times.

When those who criticise their own government are told they’re treasonous, or should be deported, you know you’re entering 1984 incarnate. Here I thought that making your regime accountable and determined to improve is actually in the national interest. But no. If you’re not a cheerleader for the rich and powerful demagogues, then you are an enemy of the state. The cults of personality and ideology have overruled the desire to make life better for all. It’s frightening the amount of people who are zombified worshippers rather than actual citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              That's what everyone thought the last election - he'd said and done enough vile sexist stuff that women wouldn't vote for him. Except they did in droves.
                              Yeah; even a reasonable minority vote stuck to him. There's supposedly a segment of the latino vote who despite "illegal immigrants" in the US, because they feel they went through the proper channels and their presence in the USA is undermined by those who entered it illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                He's done enough to ensure that anyone not white won't vote for him.
                                Looking at the rally attendees, this is the wrong assumption unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X